Hi. Does anybody know what humbucker model should I buy if I want to get sound similar to SSL4 signle coils? I mean I want that sound in my les paul and I thought if there are any equivalent humbuckers for SSL4 signle coils. Thought about joining two single SSL4 into one humbucker but I'm not sure if it works. Thanks for help, Mike.
Last edited by M.B. at Sep 18, 2008,
None - humbuckers do not sound like single coils a the best of times, you've got no chance of making one sound like a specific model of single coil.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You can split/tap the humbucker but even so it's not going to sound 'true' single coil. Just close.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by steven seagull
None - humbuckers do not sound like single coils a the best of times, you've got no chance of making one sound like a specific model of single coil.

Yep, I know that. Forgot to mention that I'm going to wire it with on/off coils in each p'up, so it'll be only one coil on bridge for example and I'll be able to turn on second to make it humbucker. So that's why I'm asking 'bout joining two SSL4.
it's still not going to sound the same - ths sound of a pickup has a lot to do with the guitar it's mouned in and how it's wired. If you stick 2 singles together then you've simply made yourself a ghetto humbucker, you either lose the frequencies that get killed by the hum cancellig or you get double the noise if you wire them the other way because you want to keep them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com