I recently recieved this email in regards to one of my classified ads. The ad asked that the singer either rent, purchase or already own a pa system.

Hey,

Just something you might want to consider,... A good PA system is a "band" item and not the sole responsibility of the singer. If you actually have a half-decent band, everyone plays through the PA. Even the drums are miked. A quality PA costs a hell-of-a-lot-more then the guitarist's Marshall or Mesa half-stack. I know as I am a guitarist w/ boutique amps. You are going to chase a lot of decent vocalists away w/ your bullshit add. The only thing a quality vocalist should have is a quality mic,... Just as the drummer, guitarist, and bass player should have to run through the "band's" PA.

Good luck.

I believe a PA system is not the bands responsiblity but the singers. For the singer is the one who mainly uses it. Also, the band drops a few grand on their own equipment, why should they pay for someone elses? Thoughts?
If you agree with me, send this guy an e-mail and let him know what's up.

email removed
I personally think you're an idiot. As that guy describes a PA is used by the entire band, and can be EQ'd to make the band's live sound a lot better. Its not JUST the singer's responsibility, if you care about the mixture and quality of your sound, EVERYONE needs to either pitch in and buy one, or otherwise which I dont really want to explain right now.
Quote by Eric 666
I personally think you're an idiot. As that guy describes a PA is used by the entire band, and can be EQ'd to make the band's live sound a lot better. Its not JUST the singer's responsibility, if you care about the mixture and quality of your sound, EVERYONE needs to either pitch in buy one, or otherwise which I dont really want to explain right now.

I agree.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.