Since I´ve read (and heard) that Link Wray was the inventor of a distorted guitar and the first one who really use the powerchord as such, I´m willing to call him a huge influence for punk. Furthermore Rumble was banend by radio stations, because it was distorted. In my eyes he´s at least as much punk as Jawbreaker.

Fats Domino on the other hand is deemed to be a pre-ska musician with a big influence on the later ska musicians.
I´d understand if people say he doesn´t belong here, but therefore this thread is also about Link Wray, but I soetimes can enjoy his music.
I don't know anything about Fats Domino really, but Link Wray is a badass. He is definitely a big precursor to heavy music, punk included. Everybody who doesn't know already should check him out.
im failing to see how you associate fats domino to ska. he was a piano player in the new orleans rnb/early rock n roll scene. if im missing something please let me know.

on the topic of link wray, that guys a savage.
my neighbor showed me some Link Wray one time, it was pretty cool.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Link Wray is pretty much the unspoken god of rock'n'roll.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by Prince
im failing to see how you associate fats domino to ska. he was a piano player in the new orleans rnb/early rock n roll scene. if im missing something please let me know.

it´s just what I read at wiki sometime, because Fats Domino should have been really popular in Jamaica and the first ska musicians liked him, I think that´s the point.
Quote by Prince

+1

Yeah Fats Domino has nothing remotely close to Ska and/or Reggae, Fats Domino was literately that fat black dude you'd see at all the Blues bars in New Orleans every weekend with a band full of young skinny black dudes jammin it up on the saxaphones and guitars.

But yeah you're right about Link Wray
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present