recently (about a month ago) i bought a BOSS CS-2 (Japanese) from a local pawn shop. being somewhat ignorant to the order of pedals i placed it last only for it to sound like farts. after i placed it first in my chain and it sounded tons better, although the cleans were somewhat more dull than before. even though this was so my distortion sounded fine. after messing around with the order of my pedals i switched the eq with my distortion and then my cleans sounded good but my distortion sounded dull. iv messed with the cables and they don't seem to be a problem. my rig goes guitar -> CS-2 -> MT-2 -> DOD FX 40B eq -> amp (Randall RG40R).

note: with that setup i get the good distortion but dull cleans.
i'd switch the mt-2 and cs-2 and see how that goes? if the level on your compressor is too high, the cleans with sound... odd. I just click mine off when i'm gonna play cleans (a rather difficult thing as I have to click ON my small stone a the same time) and it sounds loads better.

I know that a BBE sonic maximizer would help this problem, as it makes my cleans sparkle as well as makes my distortion more clear.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
The MT2 is a really poor pedal for anything, I've used one many a times, it just draws the tone away.

Have you messed around with your EQ?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Id try placing your EQ in the front, followed then by the other 2 (try swapping them around and see what happens)

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
The MT2 is a really poor pedal for anything, I've used one many a times, it just draws the tone away.

Have you messed around with your EQ?

yeah, lots, doesn't seem to make a difference
i'd switch the mt-2 and cs-2 and see how that goes? if the level on your compressor is too high, the cleans with sound... odd. I just click mine off when i'm gonna play cleans (a rather difficult thing as I have to click ON my small stone a the same time) and it sounds loads better.

if i do this i get good cleans but horrible distortion, the best way to describe it would be like if you turned the prescence all the way down and had the mids high.

i read this site "http://howard.davis2.home.att.net/LoadingandCables.htm". it talks about buffers, do you think this could help?
update: switched MT-2 with a dod death metal, with tweaking it sounds way better, thanks for your help guys