Libertarian presidential candidate Bob Barr has filed suit that would keep voters from seeing the names Barack Obama and John McCain on their voting machines, saying they failed to follow the Texas law to get their names placed on the ballot. The Libertarians are claiming that both the Texas Democratic and Republican parties missed the deadline to certify their presidential nominees and report them to the Texas Secretary of State.

Texas law says that has to happen 70 days prior to the general election. The problem? Neither party held its convention in time to meet that Aug. 26 deadline. Obama and Joe Biden were nominated by roll call vote on Aug. 27, and McCain and Sarah Palin until Sept. 3.

The Secretary of State’s office says there’s no problem and the paperwork’s all fine, thank you. Barr, a former congressman from Georgia, says not so fast. You can’t certify that someone is the nominee before there’s been a vote, he says. Palin wasn’t even named the VP selection until Aug. 29. The law does not provide exceptions for late conventions.

So, while Barr faces a high bar at the legal bar, just think if — in particular — McCain couldn’t get on the ballot. He’s absolutely banking on those 34 electoral votes from Texas. Then it would be “Katie, Barr the door.”

linky

Do think this could happen, or will they conveniently bend the rules?
You are now blinking manually
Most likely bend the rules but if not I think it'd make the election a hell of a lot more interesting.
that'd be madness. i can't wait
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
It's American politics.

Bending the rules IS a rule, as ironic as that sounds.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
I wish because Texas is full of redneck racist republicans :-D
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
well even so the people could always just write in a name for them anyway. You don't technically have to be on the ticket to get votes.
Quote by bite_the_bullet
It's American politics.

Bending the rules IS a rule, as ironic as that sounds.

Well, we are an ironic kind of people. We're pretty stupid too

And you can write in votes, I'm either voting for Captain America, Mickey Mouse, or Myself.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by Shirate
Well, we are an ironic kind of people. We're pretty stupid too

And you can write in votes, I'm either voting for Captain America, Mickey Mouse, or Myself.

i was planing on voting for myself.... but maybe we could rick roll the presidential election. NM 90% of the people here can't vote anyway.
in The United States you don't have a law, the law has a you!. seriously though... only in America. who the hell would want to come up with this? just so the elections might be canceled or something?
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

This just got interesting...
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Quote by ViperScale
i was planing on voting for myself.... but maybe we could rick roll the presidential election. NM 90% of the people here can't vote anyway.

I lol'd. Rick Astley, president of the United States.

"NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP, Americans!"
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Are Texas people too stupid to write the name on the ballot themselves or something?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Are Texas people too stupid to write the name on the ballot themselves or something?

They're too busy carrying loaded guns while going to the supermarket.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Ur all $h1t

most likely, you remember what happened in Florida right?
You are now blinking manually