i have an Ibanez AEL20vv and it worked fine up until 6 months.

Previously I could plug into a standard guitar amp with 1/4 jack and then I could also go straight to a mixer using a 1/4 jack at open-mic sessions. Recently however, in two different situation my guitar fails to make any sound unless it is into an amp. It doesn't go with an XLR either. No sound whatsoever.

My questions are:

1) Could it be that even though I have enough battery power for tuner (cos the on-board tuner works) i do not have enough of the preamp?

2) If not, is my pre-amp broken in someway?
Last edited by EdawMail at Sep 18, 2008,
Quote by EdawMail
i have an Ibanez AEL20vv and it worked fine up until 6 months.

Previously I could plug into a standard guitar amp with 1/4 jack and then I could also go straight to a mixer using a 1/4 jack at open-mic sessions. Recently however, in two different situation my guitar fails to make any sound unless it is into an amp. It doesn't go with an XLR either. No sound whatsoever.

My questions are:

1) Could it be that even though I have enough battery power for tuner (cos the on-board tuner works) i do not have enough of the preamp?

2) If not, is my pre-amp broken in someway?

I would be less than surprised if the electronics are broken. Ibanez has absolutely horrendous quality control.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Hey, just in case anyone pops back to this thread in search of an answer if they experience it too... It was NOT an electrical fault and it was simply the battery.

Having enough battery power for the tuner does NOT therefore mean that there is enough power for the pre-amp!

And in my experience, Ibanez acoustics are ALOT better than people give them credit for!