Page 1 of 3
Ok, this guitar is for me. In the entire time ive been in business, about five guitars have been scheduled with the idea im going to keep them. So far, Ive only managed to hang on to one, the 'Vine' (one of my clients offered me $10,000 for it last week, i said no ). They either end up getting bought half way through the build, or soon after being finished.
Anyway, this time im going to try and keep this guitar as my one personal guitar (not that i play much any more), and a shop demo.

Specs to follow...

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Last edited by ormsby guitars at Sep 18, 2008,
Nothing too fancy, its just a plain old Multiscale (tm), but i need to time myself building these (im doing 6, 7 and 8 string versions all at once) so i can organise pricing more accurately for my new US retailer

Black Limba

Splayed Scalloping (tm) on a Wenge fretboard and neck

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
I say we open a betting pool to see if Perry sells it before its finished.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I actually have told a few people already that they can't buy it. I do have a few guys in mind though that I will consider selling it to, but I just have to get hold of them first.

It has to at least finish its demo period before its allowed to leave my possession

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
And subscribed one more time for good measure.

That fingerboard is beautiful.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
you my good man, have some seriously good skills. can't wait to see this finished..
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
I'm excited for the 8 string version.

And how could you say no to $10,000 for a guitar! :O
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
$10,000 is a lot of cash, but at the same time, i can see where you letting go of it for that money would only lead to you eventually building another guitar for yourself, and then once again selling it to the right offer, and continuing the cycle for who knows how long. keep this one please! you owe it to yourself! btw, any update on your assistant situation? i hope things aren't too much more hectic than i'm sure they are on a good day anyways. good luck!
Looks nice so far, but it kinda looks like you did some of the frets on an angle.

other than showing your ability at guitar making, what advantages does a multiscale guitar have?
I've never posted in an Ormsby thread before - but i feel this one compelled me to do so, that fretboard wood, is absolutely gorgeous. If im ever in australia, you have to let me come and have a look at you at work!
Quote by BGSM
Looks nice so far, but it kinda looks like you did some of the frets on an angle.

Haha, I know, what a noob.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by kenan6346
other than showing your ability at guitar making, what advantages does a multiscale guitar have?

Longer strings give a tighter fatter bottom end, whilst also allowing the use of thinner (easier to fret) strings. The treble side is shorter, to allow easier bending, and faster playing.
The angles follow the natural arc of your forearm as you play, so your wrist doesn't twist at either end of the fretboard.
Its weird to play for a few minutes, then feels natural. After a week, you'll never play a normal guitar again. Every guitarist who watches you play will think its harder than it is.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by rednwhiteblues
$10,000 is a lot of cash, but at the same time, i can see where you letting go of it for that money would only lead to you eventually building another guitar for yourself, and then once again selling it to the right offer, and continuing the cycle for who knows how long. keep this one please! you owe it to yourself! btw, any update on your assistant situation? i hope things aren't too much more hectic than i'm sure they are on a good day anyways. good luck!

The $10,000 was an offer on my very first guitar, the Vine. If i sold that, I'd not own a single guitar I've built, nor would I own 'number 1'. $10,000 is just a number. I'd only blow the money on something stupid anyway, and wish I had the guitar back.

No update on the assist situation yet. Ive got a couple of my players helping out temporarily to ease up the workload though.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
So care to say whether this guitar will actually cost you any money to build? I guess it gets to the point where you have enough wood and hardware knocking around that you can just put something together as and when you feel like it.

Personally I dont see the point of a multiscale 6 string but I'm sure the build will be amazing as ever.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by ormsby guitars
Longer strings give a tighter fatter bottom end, whilst also allowing the use of thinner (easier to fret) strings. The treble side is shorter, to allow easier bending, and faster playing.
The angles follow the natural arc of your forearm as you play, so your wrist doesn't twist at either end of the fretboard.
Its weird to play for a few minutes, then feels natural. After a week, you'll never play a normal guitar again. Every guitarist who watches you play will think its harder than it is.

Ah I see, thanks
I feel like I need to take a shower. These multiscales are sick...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by MichaelSpeer
you say that it only takes a couple of minutes to get use to a multiscale which i can understand but what is it like if you switch between the two (ms and a normal board)
can you still play the normal allrite?

Standard response from guys who have had a few hours to play an Ormsby Multiscale:
"Why would you want to go back to straight frets?"

:P

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
So, just a question what does wenge sound like?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I can definitely see the point of a multiscale guitar neck, although I'd be concerned about those frets being slightly TOO diagonal. They look a bit too slim at the top.

That said, I'm biased, as I have sausage fingers.
oohh my god, this , like all of your other builds is AMAZING.

do you sell any of your wenge neck blank stock ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Wenge has nice mids, and attack.

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I can definitely see the point of a multiscale guitar neck, although I'd be concerned about those frets being slightly TOO diagonal. They look a bit too slim at the top.

That said, I'm biased, as I have sausage fingers.

Too slim?? They are 25.5 scale on the treble side (eg: same as a standard guitar) and 27.5" roughly on the bass side (eg: wider spacing).

You do realize there are 29 frets, right?

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by admbwr
oohh my god, this , like all of your other builds is AMAZING.

do you sell any of your wenge neck blank stock ?

Ive been getting lots of requests for it. Ive got more coming in the next few weeks, ready for my year 2010 builds. Shipping to the UK might kill it for you though.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by ormsby guitars
Wenge has nice mids, and attack.

Too slim?? They are 25.5 scale on the treble side (eg: same as a standard guitar) and 27.5" roughly on the bass side (eg: wider spacing).

You do realize there are 29 frets, right?

My first guitar was a little cheap strat copy with HUGE frets. Didn't know the scale, but it was exceptionally wide.

Still couldn't play above the 14th fret!
What if I give you $10,001 dollars for the vine?
With that extra dollar, who knows what you can buy!
Holy.....................................................crap.....

Soooo amazing!!!! I only just found it!
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
I love that scalloping Perry, it's really different but makes a lot more sense than normal scalloping.

It may sound weird but you're a very lucky man to be owning one of your own guitars!
I wanted to apply for the traineeship but according to my parents I gotta stay in school

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
Wow dude another amazing build!

If I ever make it Australia, I'll be coming to see your work for sure.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Page 1 of 3