Page 1 of 4
Flat top with forearm carve this time...

Quilted Sapele top (wait until you see it under lacquer!)

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
that quilt s beautiful!!!!

you sir are master of making
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Whoa. That fretboard is awesome.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
love the quilted top and the fanned neck!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
that top is dry!!??? thats beautiful man, i can't wait to see this thing built, your multiscale is like the next evolution of modern electric guitar, its kinda cool to see it as its happening.
I don't understand how this guy can throw stuff together like that, its amazing! I guess that is what makes him a luthier! Wow, really impressive stuff.
Man that top is going to look outrageously 3 dimensional when it's coated.

Do it man do it! I'm dying to see it.
My Sig Is Coming Soon
Subscribed.

I so want to get my hands on a multi-scale one of these days...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Subscribed. Glad to see another Ormsby build!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
HOLY SHIT!

i would without a doubt buy this if i had the money, im honestly thinking about an ormsby , i might have to sell some stuff haha but man you have the skill, how much is this setting the buyer back ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Can i just ask one question? What is the advantage of having the multiscale neck? (I'm assuming the multiscale part is the "wonky" frets)
I are chav.
shorter scale on treble side = less string tension and easier/faster solos
longer scale on bass side = more sting tension and less flub and mud
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Ahhh, that makes sense. Must be a little weird playing chords on it though. Or at least for the first time. Having said that - there isn't that much of an angle.
I are chav.
i think the first minute or so is probably dtrange but it seems like its actually very comfortable to play and i dont think it would take long to be used to it.
quilted sapele is teh seks... we can't get that here very readily in the US

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by guitarcam123
ormsby pickups?

Yup, seven string version of the NUNCHUCKA HUMBUCKER

Quote by guitarcam123

hardware?

Hand made brass single string bridges

Quote by guitarcam123

binding?

Nope, but a slight black sunburst around the edge.

Quote by guitarcam123

Awesome woods you got there

The top, is left over from a project i did in 2000. At the time, my girlfriend's father was lucky enough to be invited to take part in the 2000 Olympics Torch Run, and he was given one of the torches at the end. I made a wall plaque which was this same Sapele and flamed maple inlays. Looked killer. Have been saving the offcuts ever since. I think I have enough for two more guitars.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Absolutely breathtaking...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
God Dayum
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
WOAH HOLY MOTHER**** that fretboard is amazing!!!!!!!!!! how much is the finished product gonna cost the buyer??

*Subscribe*
Schecter Emo-7--->Various Boss Pedals--->Peavey XXX 120watt head----->Marshall1960AV
Quote by -MintSauce-
Do I look like I need a team of helpers and trained animals to carry out my daily activities?
Quote by Ashervallen
WOAH HOLY MOTHER**** that fretboard is amazing!!!!!!!!!! how much is the finished product gonna cost the buyer??

*Subscribe*

There is no buyer. A couple people have expressed interest, but I'm not choosing a buyer until after its finished.

It will be around $3585 Aussie dollars depending on a few tiny specs I haven't decided on yet.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Last edited by ormsby guitars at Sep 20, 2008,
...and worth every penny, its times like these i wish i werent so poor ^^
Schecter Emo-7--->Various Boss Pedals--->Peavey XXX 120watt head----->Marshall1960AV
Quote by -MintSauce-
Do I look like I need a team of helpers and trained animals to carry out my daily activities?
Question, what did you use to make freatboard so "Shiny" ?
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Quote by SpellCaster
Question, what did you use to make freatboard so "Shiny" ?

Sandpaper, and lots of work.

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
How do you do your scalloping? Like, what tools? I tried it but can't get the perfect shape and in the multi-scale video it looks soo easy. Took me 2 days for one fret!
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
****ing hell....that is beautiful!

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by tomypg
How do you do your scalloping? Like, what tools? I tried it but can't get the perfect shape and in the multi-scale video it looks soo easy. Took me 2 days for one fret!

Exactly as per the video dude....

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
But it's so "f"ing hard! Damn you. I should have stayed in Aussie

Also, How did you stick the sand paper onto the dowel?
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by tomypg
But it's so "f"ing hard! Damn you. I should have stayed in Aussie

Also, How did you stick the sand paper onto the dowel?

Glue

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
OMG! You sneaky bastard! Been using masking tape all this time.

Thank you!
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by ormsby guitars
There is no buyer. A couple people have expressed interest, but I'm not choosing a buyer until after its finished.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you strike me as the kind of guy that wouldn't always sell to the highest bidder for a guitar like this. I suspect you want someone who will do the instrument justice. Am I right?

Either way, its simply stunning. Best of luck.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Quote by AndyPandy
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you strike me as the kind of guy that wouldn't always sell to the highest bidder for a guitar like this. I suspect you want someone who will do the instrument justice. Am I right?

Either way, its simply stunning. Best of luck.

Highest bidder doesn't win. Money means less to me than knowing someone is going to do the instrument justice. Ive had some offers on all three Multiscales I'm building, but I'd rather just hang on to them for now. There isn't any rush to sell them, the long they stay with me, the more people can try them out...

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
cocobolo is nice but it's so damn oily... any special tricks to gluing it successfully?

Quote by ormsby guitars
Highest bidder doesn't win. Money means less to me than knowing someone is going to do the instrument justice. Ive had some offers on all three Multiscales I'm building, but I'd rather just hang on to them for now. There isn't any rush to sell them, the long they stay with me, the more people can try them out...

I like that. Many people would simply buckle under the biggest offer! I also like the thought that if I ever managed to own an Ormsby, it would be because you liked the idea of me owning it. Makes it special.

That fretboard is amazing. And the more I look at it, the less extreme the angled frets look. would love to try one of those!
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Page 1 of 4