hey i was looking to upgrade my amp currently i have a crappy Spider III 15W combo from Line 6 i was looking at getting a Peavey Valveking 40W or a Line 6 40W Valve but then i saw this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-The-Defender-50W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-?sku=482291

and im just wondering if anyone has any experience with it?
My Gear:
Epiphone LP-100 Lefty Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Line 6 Spider III 15W Amp
Korg AX3000G Multi-Effect Processor
You won't get a high gain sound of that. It'll be more low gain.
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
thats no big deal i get most of my distortion out of pedals
My Gear:
im mostly looking for something with a good clean sound
My Gear:
I don't know about that amp as it seems a bit higher range but i have most the time seen kustom amps as low end budget amps..
/CENTER]
Ahhh i wouldn't do that.

It's like you are looking for a good tube amp and destroy the sound with your pedals. You should look for something with a nice distorted sound, and a ok clean sound.

But please don't spend so much money for a tube amp and use distortion pedals
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
The Kustom amp I have is really nice. Mine is the coupe 36 not exactly low budget as some called em. Never tried the defender. The lead channel on mine can be pretty high gain not death metal. Some pedals go good with tubes and some dont. A tubescreamer works very well. I have a boss OD20 and it sucks alot of tone a home made FET transistor fuzz pedal works pretty good.
for those of you saying distortion pedals for tube amps are a bad idea

come on Steve vai uses a DS-1 (a bit modified yes but still a pedal) i believe Satch does too
either way thats a matter of choice
My Gear: