I can sweep 3 string, 4 string, most 5 string and few 6 string arpeggios.

I'm looking for some songs that I can use to practice them, do you know of any? prefferable in GP
kissing the shadows by children of bodom not quite for beginners but you can work up to it if you really want it
Look into Nevermore, Specifically the intro of the "Psalm of Lydia" and the Middle solos from "This Godless Endeavor" and "The Final Product"

Also Scarified - Racer X after the intro has an awesome sweep lick. Although I think it has economy picking thrown in there too, Paul Gilbert is a fast mother.
Last edited by bassdrum at Sep 18, 2008,
Quote by fairycake92
bleeding mascara by atreyu...
+1

Or Tears of a Mandrake by Edguy... the solo contains a little of sweep. That's why I can't play it
the WHOLE entire sweeping ending of selkies: the endless obsession by between the buried and me.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Duncan Hills coffee jingle, the sweep section in Conquer All by Behemoth, towards dead end by Children of Bodom, Selkies: the endless obsession and Alaska, both by Between the Buried and Me, A7x - Almost Easy. I learned some of the sweeping parts from those songs, and they helped a lot.
The sweeps from this godless endeavour are perfect for beginners.

theyre only sixtuplets at 155 bpm
Quote by Niicckkk

What a coincidence...
Because thats the same speed you should Shut the hell up and be usefull at.

I know this is an odd suggestion but for 5 stringed appregios No Pity For A Coward by Suicide Silence has nice sweeping at the end of the song.
Look up the tab on here and theres aa guy who tabbed it out on 6 strings too so anyone can try it out.
Quote by Niicckkk

08er with a response like this....troll?

personally i like to play arpeggios on 2 strings

E--19-15-----15---
B----------17-------

playing the 19s on the click
the 3 string, 4 string, 5 string and 6 string - then record how many bpm you can get up to on each

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
The ending of Selkies the Endless Obsession by BTBAM. It's the first sweeping I learned and it's very comfortable to play.
I don't need a sig....