I currently own a Line 6 150 watt combo amp. While it worked for a while, I have recently come into posession of a Musicman Sterling , and I want an amp that will do it justice, if that makes any sense.

I plan to sell the Line 6 for $250-300, and purchase a new amp with that money, along with money from doing the occasional odd job.

What is a good combo amp in the $400 dollar range? I'm not opposed to getting a stack, either, but combos seem much cheaper.

Any help is hugely appreciated.
peavey valvekings are around there, look at peaveys and marshalls and all the good companies
Quote by 36mikeyb36
peavey valvekings are around there, look at peaveys and marshalls and all the good companies

Welcome to the Bass Forum.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Ampeg have some good combos around there, i think. A GK stack would be good, or maybe some sort of Fender combo.
Duse look into ashdown It will do you well and im sure you can pick up a mag 2x10 combo for around that much were you live. Also look into Hartke i really like them not sure of the price.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by CaptainJack666
Ashdown Electric Blue

This. Or Acoustic B100 or B200.
Also around that range is the Warwick Sweet 15, which I find punches well above its price, if the tone is your cup of tea. It's quite a rounded tone.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by CaptainJack666
Ashdown Electric Blue

How loud would this be without the extension cab?
Ashdown - Acoustic NEW AND SOUND GREAT VERY INEXPENSIVE TOO - Ampeg BA Series - Fender Bassman Series - Peavey....stay away from low priced GK, Behringer alltogether, and Line6 amps

Good Luck
Do guitarist even read threads or do they just suggest amps out of their ass?

Can I say ass on here?

I think most bassists on here can agree that Acoustic and Ashdown are the best choices for low priced amps. Warwick and Orange also make great combos. You should look into those brands