Page 1 of 5
In school I would get made fun of for the stereotypical power-chord thing by other musician friends of mine, and when i would wear my leather jacket to school some people would laugh, or ask if I drove a motorcycle (even though I was like 14/15 at the time ). The only people who really seemed to think it was cool was the only other punk fan in school, as well as a handful of other kids who got it (and of course myself, because cool>popular).
Howz about you guys?
incase you didn't know punk rock isn't cool. so of course the dipshit kids at school will give you a hard time, cause they dont like anything thats different then what they are use to.
Yeah, which is a bummer since I got into punk for the approval of my peers

But really, I'm sure that people at school think that I look like an "emo-ass faggot"(according to some dude shouting from the safety of his car) but that doesn't really bother me. And my friends and I make fun of each others' musical taste all the time. I'm the best guitarist in the group so all that punk= terrible musicianship never gets brought up though.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
incase you didn't know punk rock isn't cool. so of course the dipshit kids at school will give you a hard time, cause they dont like anything thats different then what they are use to.

+1

If it ain't what they like, it ain't something the rest should like. But at my school we have a fairly easy going attitude. We as "non-main stream" listeners generally don't give a damn about what they say. We're cooler anyway :P
who hasnt been?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
What kind of 14/15 year old wears a leather jacket?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
the "popular" kids at any school are the ones who do not think for themselves. they are all the same, anywhere you go.

the best revenge is living well; ignore the stupid FUKKING KUNTS who pick on you because of your tastes, because they are prolly insecure with themselves. so just do well in school and remember this: you can choose your friends.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
well I'm the only kid with a leather jacked with tags and stuff on it...it's a punk leather jacket, I wear tight jeans(not too tight tho...it would hurt my buddy :P ) under my ass actually...and nobody laughs. Girls are just checking my ass out all the time and they say how cool my jacket is and stuff...
I wouldn't change for nothing in this world. even if nobody would like me.
punk's not dead, get over it people.
about the power-chord thing...some stupid metalheads made fun of me but when they saw me gigging and having lots of success with my band they stopped and they started to ask how I do it and some even started playing punk rock. XD
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
one time i wore a Dead Kennedys shirt and i guy called me an emo

dont worry; that guy prolly still drinks milk from his mum own produce.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Im actually already graduated. Back when that "picking on" went on, it was mostly in the 6th-10th grades. After that, I starting working out and stopped being a whimp so it wasnt too bad after that. Plus i got confidence and realized it really doesnt matter what the hell other people think, because theyre usually the same kids who get into drugs to be accepted and end up having no real individuality.
I normally dont wear band stuff or music stuff except for the occasional fender tee

But i went to a hawthorne heights concert (favorite band) and baught a T-shirt

So I wore it the next day and some fat-ass girl who thinks she is pretty called me a damn emo kid XD

was hilarious
Meh, school was never really a problem for me. I was fairly popular in high school and the only one who dressed like a punk so my style was just "unique" to everyone there. Everyone there also knew I was an asshole so they didn't bother saying shit about what I wear. Outside of school, I've had plenty of shit shouted at me, and it's usually from people driving by in cars, the ****s never have the balls to say it when you're in front of one another. When I was in Baltimore I had someone shout "up the punx" at me. I've been called a fag more times than I can count, I get stared at a lot etc. None of bothers me anymore.

I wore my Leather Jacket to a party last week cuz I rode to it on my scooter and some guy said "What's up Fonz?" to me and I just popped my collar and went "ehh" and gave the Fonzie thumbs up and he laughed and we pounded it.

People yell things at me when I'm scootering all the time but that just makes me laugh. Hell, half the time I know the person yelling at me.

I've never really been made fun of (Unless you count friends cuz we make fun of each other constantly.) Probably because I'm self deprecating and modest by nature.

And for the record: I yell "Up Tha Punx" to people with spikes or studs or mohawks all the time. I'll even throw in an oi! or two.
Jokingly, yes I've been made fun of, but mostly just jokingly by people who know nothing about punk. I get some of the "Go listen to the Sex Pistols" and "Anarchy In the UK" bullshit even though I don't dress remotely punk and don't like the Sex Pistols. I try to avoid telling the metalheads I like punk because whenever I do they either talk about The Misfits for an hour or say punk sucks and has no musicianship, both of which irritate. My tight pants get made fun of the most, but I don't dress punk at all.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Not really.

I get the piss taken out of me by punks and "rockers" for liking electronic/dance music and hip hop and soul etc. more.
Quote by gopherthegreat
Nope. I don't get made fun of.

wewt.
You sure about that, Mr. gay commie smelly stupid vegan?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
You sure about that, Mr. gay commie smelly stupid vegan?

This is about music tastes

And I am not gay, smelly, nor stupid

Jack my swag
Quote by gopherthegreat
This is about music tastes

And I am not gay, smelly, nor stupid
Prove me wrong.

Do a girl in the shower while solving equations using the quadratic formula.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Prove me wrong.

Pssh, I've done that at least six times.
Quote by element4433
Prove me wrong.

K, I just did.

Jack my swag
Quote by gopherthegreat
K, I just did.

Pics?
Quote by gopherthegreat
K, I just did.
Alright. I believe you now.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Zero Substance
i used to get messed with in like middle school and early high school, but by 10th grade everyone had grown up and no one really cares anymore.

This.

People made fun of me in like 7th and 8th grade, but by high school I think they realised that there are people in the world who are different then them.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104

I actually used to get picked on for listening to some stuff when I was in like, 6th grade.

Jack my swag

That is utterly obscene.

EDIT: In 6th grade I was listening to Bruce Springsteen and played the pee-an-o.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
I did get called "fag" pretty regularly until the most popular kid at my school became an hXc douchebag who listens to The Casualties and The Unseen. I dunno whether I'm happier now.
I'm not in school anymore so it's not really an issue.

Sometimes I get funny looks from hipsters when I go to certain bars though.
not really. just lame ass metalheads who talk in leetspeak in real life.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Not really, I just get made fun of for being a commie faggot who thinks it's stupid to cheat on religion tests, disrespect adults who have done nothing at all to me.

Seriously, that's all just happened in the past couple days, don't get me started on every thing else.
Quote by original=punk
Not really, I just get made fun of for being a commie faggot who thinks it's stupid to cheat on religion tests, disrespect adults who have done nothing at all to me.

Seriously, that's all just happened in the past couple days, don't get me started on every thing else.

but disrespecting random adults is the best way to prove your all grown up.

And no, because I dont dress punk and nobody cares what i listen to
I get made fun of for playing video games
but thats by people that know me
Quote by prplhazed
but disrespecting random adults is the best way to prove your all grown up.

Yeah I love flipping off the teacher cause she punished me for being a jackass to her.

I wanna kill every kid at my school.
I'm too quiet at school, so nobody takes enough notice of me to make fun of me.
My sister likes making fun of my taste in music though. But she has shit taste in music anyway. She'll be all listening to Three Days Grace or some MTV hip-pop song, and then she'll tell me that Discount are girly music or that the Dead Boys suck.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I'm too quiet at school, so nobody takes enough notice of me to make fun of me.
My sister likes making fun of my taste in music though. But she has shit taste in music anyway. She'll be all listening to Three Days Grace or some MTV hip-pop song, and then she'll tell me that Discount are girly music or that the Dead Boys suck.

The Dead Boys? Suck!? How dare she!
Page 1 of 5