Searchbar yielded keine resultse..

So, to drop the height of my strings via floyd adjustment, do i clockwise turn the 'pivot' screws?

I kind of lightly tried that already with my strings tight, but the thing wouldn't budge..

Plus do i have to loosten the strings first? If so, I thought that was like, blasphemy, and ruined everything.. intonation wise, so how am i gonna go about loostening strings when it's considered bad to do anything but replace every string taken off when restringing..?

So any help would be appreciated.
Yo Homes, To Belair
NOOOO take the strings off or loosen completely....then turn the screws clockwise for lower...anti for higher....also adjust screws in the back where the spring and clamp is so that the floyd plate is PARALLEL to the body. search bar should yield result my friend...try google and such
awesome, i'll get to loostening these strings, and if it all goes epically wrong it's all your fault georgey georgey..
Yo Homes, To Belair
hehe yeah..in general dont do stuff when they re "under pressure"...except tuning pegs which are made for that but if u screw them when the strings are tight then yeha u ll get material damage
?

You don't need to do anything to the strings - what guitar is it and what bridge?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
it's a dean superstrat with an original floyd, and these pivot posts are chronically stiff, like if I try and tighten them the screw head will be wrecked..

any ideas steven good sir?
Yo Homes, To Belair
Anyone know how to lower an Original Floyd..!?

The action feels real high compared to my Epi LP.
Yo Homes, To Belair
I have adujsted the action on my floyd while the strings were in-tune, and it didn't break anything or throw the strings out of adjustment.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Yeah, you should loosen the strings, rotating the pivots while it's under pressure causes friction damage, and can wear out the knife edges. Lubricate the knife edges with candle wax if you can, it'll reduce friction.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
anywyas yeah IF you want ur stuff to last do it like Dot says...otherwise yeah **** ur bridges
*shrugs*
I've never loosened strings to adjust the action on a Floyd and I've never broken one either.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
they dont break they WEARRRRRR no but on an ofr the WEAAARRR will be less evident still tho why not be on the safe side or AT LEAST use lube sounds durty
I use chapstick ._. It makes it smell all minty.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby