Me and a group of mate's are gonna be performing at a school show near christmas (about 230 people), We've all been playing for about two years and can play pretty much most stuff The problem is that we dont know what to play, were not really focused on any genre in particular so recommend whatever you think would be cool to play. One suggestion was "In too deep" by Sum 41 opinions? thanks.
Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix for the less intelligent.... I should go back to learning
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Look through the track lists for GH & Rock Band. maybe look at some film soundtracks as well - will probably give you stuff that will go down well.
just play something by RHCP that way what you play is acceptable to most guitarist, you won't get labeled as being retarded for your choices, and non-rockers will probably like it.
Im gonna have to say "You Shook Me All Night Long"....It gets good reaction
Fight the war, fuck the norm
Now I got no patience
So sick of complacence
With the D the E the F the I the A the N the C the E
Mind of a revolutionary
So clear the lane
...Whoever told you that is your enemy?
Quote by ViperScale
just play something by RHCP that way what you play is acceptable to most guitarist, you won't get labeled as being retarded for your choices, and non-rockers will probably like it.

Actually thats a pretty good idea I was gonna say "Snow", "Cant Stop" or "Dani California"
Last edited by Capt_Clarkson at Sep 18, 2008,
a really good song for getting a crowds support is pour some sugar on me from def leppard. its an easy song but it really gets the crowd into it.
The Conservative youth of America!
Would it be safer to go for softer/pop-ier stuff given that you will probably have a more diverse audience?
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by metalscott76
a really good song for getting a crowds support is pour some sugar on me from def leppard. its an easy song but it really gets the crowd into it.

Also, you should play Make Love Like A Man.
well,my band did the final countdown and that got amazing reaction lol
but ONLY if you can get a ridiculously powerful synth amp and a pianist who isnt a dork lol...

and just look for songs that are well known to everyone,not just the rockers

cant stop is a good one cuz ALMOST everyone likes RHCP
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
write something,at the talent show me and my band are playing an acoustic song we w rote,at mine and evrey one elses talent show (we dont all go to the same school)
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.