Someone brought this to my attention in the Hendrix thread and I noticed he's right. Everyone always says "Clapton is God", "Hendrix is God", even going so far as to say "Herman Li is God" but you never hear "Mozart is God", or "Beethoven (sp?) is God" or anything. Yes I realize this is a guitar site and most of you don't believe in God but c'mon let's give these guys some credit.

Classical composers/musicians thread starts now!!!!
Miles Davis is god.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
it just doesn't roll off the tongue...

it's awkward saying "Rimsky-Korskakov is God!!!"
just doesn't flow.
You would probably hear people saying that in an orchestra, and/or orchestral based website.

I've heard people talking about how "Bach is awesome" etc.
Mozart was the Sid Vicious of his day. Nuff' said.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
its because classical music isn't down and happenin' with the homies of today. but for me, pachelbel = demi-god
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Beethoven was pretty awesome.

Go listen Moonlight Sonata if you are not already.
EDIT:
Quote by moody git
but for me, pachelbel = demi-god

The original one-hit star amirite?
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Quote by 12Jim34
Who the hell is Mozart?

*runs*

*Throws and rock hitting 12Jim34 in the head knocking him down*
Y'know, I was going to bring this up in the Hendrix thread. Mozart was a true virtuoso, Hell, he was composing and performing live when he was about 9.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I listen to the music, that's good enough for me. I don't really idolize anybody. Not anymore. But I do listen to a lot of classical music, and understand what you mean how they don't get a lot of credit. Such as, Johann Pachelbel must be some sort of diety seeing as how he influenced many modern songs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

And if I had to choose a classical composer to be a god, I would probably have to say it's a close one between Henry Purcell and Aaron Copland.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
I have a question ; WHERE HAVE ALL THE PRODIGIES GONE?!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Rachmaninov is my favorite hands down. I was watching some kind of classical show on Public Broadcasting and they had this 14 year old asian kid whaling on a grand piano, it was ****ing crazy.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
Quote by korinaflyingv
To be honest, I'm sick of all the "why does nobody listen to classical music?" threads. It's basically just a way of saying "LoOkit ME! I have surfisticated taste in moosik!"

I'm not sure that this thread is an example of the phenomenon you describe, but people have to stop with the bullshit about classical music being more sophisticated than modern music.
Its not superior to listen to classical, but I think it shows maturity to be able to appreciate different styles of music.

Having said that my ears ****ing bleed if any country is played within earshot.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'