like the guitar parts arent generic at all.. you have to be really skilled to play them yet they sound simple and flow very well.

its called good song writing.
the drums are disgusting, it sounds like his bass drum is filled with pudding and his snare sounds like a block of wood. And please tell me you were joking about it taking skill to play this. I'm sorry, it's just Really not my cup o' tea and it's all been done before....
in fact i challenge you. pick any riff... it has to be the whole riff or the whole part.

record it and post it here. if you can do that then you opinion is valid.

oh yeah i listened to those myspaces in your signature. absolute fail. I cant believe after hearing that that you would have the audacity to judge this kind of music.
Last edited by viceboy at Sep 18, 2008,
Because you've heard him play SO many times and can therefore accurately judge his skill. Anyone who's played any deathcore song could play this song. I mean it's better than some stuff I've heard, but the guitar parts are pretty basic.
Simplistic, generic, annoying.

All words I use to describe this.

Want technical? Go play "Dance of Eternity" by Dream Theater or the solo in "Veil of Maya" by Cynic.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by saxaxe
Because you've heard him play SO many times and can therefore accurately judge his skill. Anyone who's played any deathcore song could play this song. I mean it's better than some stuff I've heard, but the guitar parts are pretty basic.

pick and full riff in that song and post it here.

you'll see the riffs are extremely melodic and catchy making it seem very generic and or easy to play.

when you actually see the fingerings and the speed they are played at you will realize how hard / technical they are.
remember you have to do triplets matching the corresponding chords of the rythme guitar in the lead.
Quote by viceboy
pick and full riff in that song and post it here.

you'll see the riffs are extremely melodic and catchy making it seem very generic and or easy to play.

when you actually see the fingerings and the speed they are played at you will realize how hard / technical they are.

A technical song can still be boring.

The riffs may be melodic, but they're still the same thing that other metalcore bands have been doing for years now.

This is in the wrong forum anyway. You would probably get better responses in the "Promote Your band" section.
I haven't actually listened to the band, nor do I want to, but this thread is fantastic.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
we are metalcore. haha one could argue all deathcore sounds exactly the same and is boring.

its a matter of opion, but the riffs are still technical and take musical talent. That is all i am saying.

im not saying its amazingly original
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvTT8w75hbw
Ok I know it's not 100% right. The chugging's all wrong, and I may have some of the notes wrong, but there's an attempt. I only heard the song once before going at this.
Quote by saxaxe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvTT8w75hbw
Ok I know it's not 100% right. The chugging's all wrong, and I may have some of the notes wrong, but there's an attempt. I only heard the song once before going at this.

Now I am not trying to be mean. Firstly it's in dropped tuning... You're playing out of key the whole time. Also its not the same chugs every time. Between the melodies you are actually playing through a chord progression. Listen carefully. It makes the riff a lot more difficult because of how much sliding and how much precision you need to move quickly up the neck from a chord.

You also played it quite a bit slower and sloppier than we play it. All of these things come together to make something good.

Also the breakdowns patterns weren't right at all. You can't act like those aren't a part of a riff because they are and are part of what make it so progressive / technical.

Anyone can sit and do that one scale all day long which is why we didn't do it that way.

Honestly, a good attempt for "5 minutes" or whatever but it was completely wrong.
Quote by viceboy
Now I am not trying to be mean. Firstly it's in dropped tuning... You're playing out of key the whole time. Also its not the same chugs every time. Between the melodies you are actually playing through a chord progression. Listen carefully. It makes the riff a lot more difficult because of how much sliding and how much precision you need to move quickly up the neck from a chord.

You also played it quite a bit slower and sloppier than we play it. All of these things come together to make something good.

Also the breakdowns patterns weren't right at all. You can't act like those aren't a part of a riff because they are and are part of what make it so progressive / technical.

Anyone can sit and do that one scale all day long which is why we didn't do it that way.

Honestly, a good attempt for "5 minutes" or whatever but it was completely wrong.

God, you're dumber than a sack of bricks.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
A. I'm in Drop C, I know you're down further than that.
B. I didnt hear the chugs, like I said I only listened once. And yea, I'll admit that makes it harder, but not THAT much harder or original.
C. Slower, sloppier, yea, but I only listened once, and recorded immediately after that.
D. Like I said, the breakdown patterns were completely wrong. I know they're a big part of the riff, but you can't really pin me on difficulty for that one, thats just because I didnt listen to it more than once.
You also missed a couple time changes. The riff also only repeates twice and there are other different riffs between along with more advanced rythme
Trust me, i used to play deathcore, and it was far more "technical" in terms, than this. And the band in my sig is a joke power-violence band, so don't try and put that against me. I don't understand how you come in here and and ask what we think, i say what i think and you try to attack me with a petty argument. You don't know me or how i play, nor do i want you to.

pull your head out of your ass, you're not that great.
Quote by saxaxe
A. I'm in Drop C, I know you're down further than that.
B. I didnt hear the chugs, like I said I only listened once. And yea, I'll admit that makes it harder, but not THAT much harder or original.
C. Slower, sloppier, yea, but I only listened once, and recorded immediately after that.
D. Like I said, the breakdown patterns were completely wrong. I know they're a big part of the riff, but you can't really pin me on difficulty for that one, thats just because I didnt listen to it more than once.

That's alright. I never said it was original. It is techy though regardless.

We like to do lots of stuff like cut up our rythmes and do random pauses and stuff to make the riffs more progressive.

I'm sure you can see what I mean.
Quote by SadistNation
Trust me, i used to play deathcore, and it was far more "technical" in terms, than this. And the band in my sig is a joke power-violence band, so don't try and put that against me. I don't understand how you come in here and and ask what we think, i say what i think and you try to attack me with a petty argument. You don't know me or how i play, nor do i want you to.

pull your head out of your ass, you're not that great.

well from what i heard youre actually pretty damn horrible
Quote by viceboy
well from what i heard youre actually pretty damn horrible

haha he just said don't take his power-violence band seriously, wtf
Regulars? Haha this is the hardcore / metalcore forum and they are listening to power metal / black metal. Dream theatre? Yeah not hardcore metal sorry.

Get out of this forum metal pussies.

Your shred shit maybe be technical on the guitar but doesn't sound good and in my opinion even less creative.
aparently everyone who posted before me. including people who listen to some weird shitty black metal and some really bad prog metal.

and shitty death metal like death. original? maybe. good? no
Dude, just give the fuck up. This is the hardcore forum. We discuss hardcore, metalcore, deathcore, and anything -core. We go to the prog forum if we want to discuss dream theater. Are you SERIOUSLY insulting us for having a broader range of music?
And go to the metal forum and try saying that about Death.
youre just proving my point. people who like that kind of music are the ones judging this kinf of music. it doesnt make sense
Quote by viceboy
aparently everyone who posted before me. including people who listen to some weird shitty black metal and some really bad prog metal.

and shitty death metal like death. original? maybe. good? no

I'm really, honestly, physically ing.

This is the last time I come to the hardcore forum to give an opinion.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Slaytanic1993

I'm really, honestly, physically ing.

This is the last time I come to the hardcore forum to give an opinion.

Good because your taste in music sucks
Quote by viceboy
Good because your taste in music sucks

This made me laugh my ass off.

Be glad knowing your ignorance brings me joy you halfwit.

Quote by eggsandham2
Wow.

You're trying to jock your own band on the internet, your band uses the same deathcore scales and breakdowns used by every generic band of the last 2 years and your best argument as to why the music is good is that it's hard to play.

www.myspace.com
I'm sure you'll find plenty of people that love your band there.
Last.fm

I saw tail lights, last night, in a dream about my old life
Everybody leaves so why, why wouldn't you?