I want to know peoples opinion on WHY the beatles are so revered and held in such high standings... music and influence wise. SEriously, i think it is the most classic case of overrating ever.

THIS IS NOT A SHOT AT THE BEATLES
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
They wrote good music, and lots of it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Holy-Diver

Yes it is.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
we simply can not understand how groundbreaking they were because we didn't grow up in that time period.

it doesn't matter if you like them, just recognize the impact they had on your influences.
Last edited by strat335 at Sep 18, 2008,
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
There probably one of, if not THE, only bands to have every song they wrote be good and catchy.

I don't think every song they wrote was good and catchy. I like alot of there songs but i have never heard of any band that wrote only good songs.
The mood was different, people were different, lots of things were different. Styles, people ect.
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
why don't you go ask the folks in the classic rock forum.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Quote by Holy-Diver

Uh, yeah it is.

And the Beatles were revolutionary in what they did, as well as their incredible songwriting ability. I get the feeling you haven't really listened to them that much.
Quote by TheDarkLestat
The mood was different, people were different, lots of things were different. Styles, people ect.

It's etc., which is short for etcetera.
Not excetera, which is the most common pronunciation.
The Beatles were WIN.

EPIC WIN.

Saying they're over rated is like saying Dragonforce aren't.
Quote by bendystraw
I go down on one knee and do that shit cello style

They have their share of great songs, but that's it.

The majority of their music is rather boring.
Quote by Nyaa~
They have their share of great songs, but that's it.

The majority of their music is rather boring.

By "share of great songs" I assume you're talking about the 14 studio albums worth of tracks they recorded in less than a decade.
Quote by bendystraw
I go down on one knee and do that shit cello style

Quote by Tomosaurus
By "share of great songs" I assume you're talking about the 14 studio album tracks they recorded in less than a decade.

I'm talking about the few songs from those 14 albums that are actually enjoyable.

for all the people who said it was a shot at the beatles... go re-read it please
i honestly just wanted to see why they are said to be so influential.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Tomosaurus
The Beatles were WIN.

EPIC WIN.

Saying they're over rated is like saying Dragonforce aren't.

Don't underline jerk, I was expecting a link to a youtube video of Octopus' Garden

I'm in the same boat as Texico, my best friend loved them as a child (we're talking 8-9 years old) and I'd always hear them but never got into them.

I started listening to "Come Together," then "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," which led me to "Helter Skelter," and now I love all of Abbey Road, Rubber Soul, The White Album, Revolver, Sgt. Peppers, etc.
My friend gave me the Abbey Road album... I was stuck on it for weeks, then another friend said that the magical mystery tour, and Sgt pepper album were really good...picked em up loved em then picked all the other ones up...didn't care for the white album though.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by The Master Plan
My friend gave me the Abbey Road album... I was stuck on it for weeks, then another friend said that the magical mystery tour, and Sgt pepper album were really good...picked em up loved em then picked all the other ones up...didn't care for the white album though.

White Album was my favorite out of those, but the Beatles are the best simply because they made LOTS and LOTS of Great music. THey had lots of double-A sided singles. Also, the Beatles had PERSONALITY each one was an individual... one of the main reasons why contemporary music means very little to me. Watch "Hard Day's Night" to see what I mean.
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker