Page 1 of 2
So I just got the new Sylosis album and I gotta say it pretty much just tore me a new asshole and raped me in it
Anyone else heard it yet?

I think 'After Lifeless Years' is my favourite track after the first listen through, but that may change during further, more in-depth listens

www.myspace.com/sylosis
ohai little sig.
I've heard Conclusion of an Age twice and I've loved most of it. Some of the breakdowns get a little too -coreish for me to like easily (habitual elitism and all) but I have been getting into them actually, in a few more listens I'll probably loose that gripe because it is a legitimately badass album.
I've always had a soft spot for Sylosis. First impressions are very good. The harmonies sound better than the ones off the previous EP.

The re-work of Oath of Silence is a great addition too.
Kinda remind me of Into Eternity, with some obvious differences.

Don't like the vocals, but I can live with it. They're not bad.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I downloaded the album a few weeks ago, I think it's brilliant. I can live with the core-ish moments, because they do them better than most. The re-recording of Oath of Silence is indeed a great addition, can't get enough of that dual solo at the end.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Nice to see a modern-core band playing in standard too. Perfect opening act for Black Dahlia Murder in February.
one of my favourite albums of the year, listen to it daily! listened the crap out of the ep too, josh is an amazing guitarist, hes solos raaaawk
fav song: reflections through fire
I just downloaded it cuz i just couldn't wait ultil Nov. 11.
And so far it is ripping my ass as well.
Insane band!
loving the album and going to their gig in glasgow in december

the guitarist Josh has some serious skills
Top lel.
Quote by mortiis999
Saw them live. They were crap.

cool i saw them live and they were pretty dam amazing.
in the first half of the solo for "last remaining light" he is totally channeling steve vai.
when i first heard it, it was like "wtf? steve vai? cant be!"

kick ass
i think it might be my favourite album of 2008
can't really think of anything else that was better lol
Top lel.
Sylosis are actually alright. I heard some of their stuff and though it was alright but a bit boring, i've given them more of a listen and they're are pretty decent.
Quote by the memory
So whos looking forward to the new album?

I need it now haha, fricking loved conclusion of an age
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I saw them live supporting DragonForce in Dundee just a couple of weeks ago, they were looking for a place to stay so we let them crash at ours. They're really nice guys, and they were insanely tight live. I don't think Bailey (the "rhythm" guitarist) gets enough credit, he's almost as good as Josh. We got a preview of their cover of Pantera's 'Strength Beyond Strength', expect that to be on a Metal Hammer CD soon. Can't wait for their second album, I've got really high hopes for it.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Yeah he seems a little in the dark compared to Josh but I think thats because he joined the band after the release of Conclusion?

I hear one of the guys from Viatrophy was in them before Bailey and played on the album but there is no footage of him recording, just Josh.
Top lel.
Got After Lifeless Years stuck in my head. Teras and Blackest Skyline are awesome too.

It's a real workout playing their songs too lol
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Blackest Skyline is the best song on the album.

My friend is fvcking obsessed with this band. Seriously. OBSESSED. I got him into them .

Speaking of which he is in England at the moment and planned on seeing them with DragonForce. I wonder if he did...hmm.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Quote by Athabasca
My friend is fvcking obsessed with this band. Seriously. OBSESSED. I got him into them

Yeah I did the same with my flatmate, and he listens to the album all the time now.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
I still think reflections through the fire is one of the best songs on the album. The whole sequence from 2:04 to basically the end of the song is one of the most epic things I've ever heard especially when the keys come in at 3:30.

haha
Top lel.
One of the better thrash/metalcore fusion bands out there. A bit predictable, but they pull their style off smoothly
I'm not too fond of the singing but **** me I love the riffing / solos.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by the memory
Jamie Graham has left Sylosis

Not cool

=/
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Yeah I saw it on facebook, They are announced for sonisphere so it seems they have someone else lined up.

Big shame imo, Really liked everything about his vocals.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Might be Adam Mayes from Viatrophy given that they split up not long ago and have their last show on sunday...

EDIT: Maybe even for a fill in given that he has done it before
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
Might be Adam Mayes from Viatrophy given that they split up not long ago and have their last show on sunday...

EDIT: Maybe even for a fill in given that he has done it before

Is he any good, not familiar with the band although the name rings a bell
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Eh, I've never heard his clean vocals but his harsh stuff is pretty good. I prefer Jamie, but thats just me
Top lel.
Almost 100% sure Josh is on vocals aswell as guitar for them meaning they are now a 4 piece.

Saw a video update on their myspace and he did some vocals and stuff. Sounded good, although I still really liked Jamies style
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
That would be pretty cool if they're now a four-man band. (Always had a bias in favour of four pieces). But that would mean Josh is doing everything.

FREDIT: vidya
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Last edited by freddaahh at Jun 1, 2010,
Page 1 of 2