Im either getting the flextone or a spider valve. after looking at them both with a fine tooth comb, im leaning towards this. tell me everything. how is the speaker? its a celestion custom made for line 6, is it decent? how reliable is it?

i used my searchbar but only came up with scattered posts

tell me everything!!!
Last edited by necroscience13 at Sep 18, 2008,
Any reason why you're only looking at these two amps? What's your budget? What styles are you playing? Are you gigging? Can you go used? Any styles in particular more important, or is versatility the key?

Out of those two I'd pick the flextone, the spider valve is way overpriced for what it is.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Any reason why you're only looking at these two amps? What's your budget? What styles are you playing? Are you gigging? Can you go used? Any styles in particular more important, or is versatility the key?

Out of those two I'd pick the flextone, the spider valve is way overpriced for what it is.
I like these 2 amps the best. i really like all the features and the fact that you can really dial in a sound. ive looked at just about every combo amp on musicians friend and theyre either to expensive or not what im looking for or want in an amp. my budget is a maximum of 800$ i play mostly metal, death metal in particular, but also blues so versatility is key. i want to buy an amp before i go to college and find a band. i forgot to mention im in a band although we dont gig very often. i would be weary about buying used. ive also played both of these amps and i really like them. but im leaning towards the flextone
Last edited by necroscience13 at Sep 18, 2008,
I've read that the Flextone is one of the best modeling amps out there (behind its big brother the Vetta). For metal at low volumes (bedroom) it's supposed to be great. For gigging you might want to get the 2X12 for $699 instead of the 1X12 for $599. I don't own a Flextone and I've never actually played one but I've just read very good things about them. I've never heard of any major reliability issues with them. I would definitely get that amp over the Spider.

Here's a video of a guy comparing a Flextone III to a Mesa Boogie Road King (the Flextone is the first amp). You can get some pretty incredible tones out of that thing if you take the time to tweak it a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bttjg4DCTw
I have a Flextone 112 (1x12") and it's loud enough for gigs in small bars. In larger venues you use the PA most of the time, so it's still loud enough. You'd probably get a better spreading of the sound with the 2x12 because it is pretty direct (as in straight forward). Other than that it's one of the greatest amps I've ever played on.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe