Is it possible to have an american dual-citizenship? Like say be Canadian AND American?

EDIT: I have a bet with my friend. He says if you have the US citizenship you have to lose any other citizenship(s) you may have.

I say you can have US and Canada citizenship like Jason Pomminville for example. This all started with Pomminvile btw.

We made it interesting: he loses, I shave his head. I lose, he shaves ONE of my legs. Pics will be provided if help is provided.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
Last edited by miguelito2729 at Sep 18, 2008,
hell no eh
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
I thought you couldn't be a legal citizen of two different countries?
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Yes. One can have a dual citizenship. If one has lived in one country for a certain amount of time and then another for a certain amount of time. But wiki may be better.
yeah, my friend has an irish-american duel
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
well i know you can be a canadian and a serbian citizen
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Quote by humperdunk
yeah, my friend has an irish-american duel

With guns or swords? Who won the duel?

Edit: It's funny to me that had you just googled "dual citizenship" the answer to your very question would have been the first result...
yeah, I do ..
Quote by PinguinLeader
aint this spam?

Edit:and where is that report button, everytime i wanna use it it is gone

2th edit: and dont even think of sigging that
if you are a US cit and move to another country and become a cit you can be duel. Other then that to become a naturalized cit of the US you must renounce your cit of that country. (however it is no longer enforced) So although it is technically possible for them to take away your US cit for still being a cit of another country it is unlikely they will.
Yes.
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
yes it is possible i know a girl who was born in serbia so she is a citizen there but has gone through and gotten her citizenship in the US so yes it is possible and many people have a dual citizenship
Ok man, your proof is here, i am both a citizen of brazil and the united states HOWEVER after 1992( the year was I was born) a law was passed that said, after you turn 18 you must pick one of the two citizen ships. Since i was born before the law was passed i get to keep both of mine for life, but my younger brother (born in 94 and 96) must choose when they get 18, and they will most likely choos the american citizen ship because we live in the us. If you have any questions just pm, i have two citizenships and two passports
Gear:

Fender Blues Junior
MIM Standard Strat
EVH Phaser
535 q dunlop wah
modded ts9
E.H. Pulsuar Tremelo
Homemade truebypass box
a little bit of jesus
oh i forgot to say, i was born in the united states, but my mom had me while she had a green card , so im the offspring of abrazilian citizen and an american citizen, meaning that i have both citizne ships, even though i was born in the us
Gear:

Fender Blues Junior
MIM Standard Strat
EVH Phaser
535 q dunlop wah
modded ts9
E.H. Pulsuar Tremelo
Homemade truebypass box
a little bit of jesus
jim carrey has dual american-Canadian citizenship.
A penny for my thoughts?

A bargain I say!

I'll give you a dollar

Take them all away...
I have it, my dads american and my moms canadian, however I was born and raised in canada so Im more canadian.
TS, your Canadian, so I'll use a hockey example: Jason Pomminville (Buffalo Sabres) has a duel citizenship. He was born and raised in Canada, and moved to the U.S after he became a Sabre. Thus becomming a dual citizen. He plays for the U.S national team.
Quote by mattrod
TS, your Canadian, so I'll use a hockey example: Jason Pomminville (Buffalo Sabres) has a duel citizenship. He was born and raised in Canada, and moved to the U.S after he became a Sabre. Thus becomming a dual citizen. He plays for the U.S national team.

That's how it started. Cause I said he was a traitor for playing with team USA in the world championship when he was born and raised in Canada.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Some countries CAN'T have dual-citizenships with the US, but Canada can. I also have a friend who has a dual German-US citizenship.
I have friends who have Spanish-Mexican citizenship ,I don't now about the US .but it should be possible , happy shaving.

And post pics!!!
you can.
my uncle has both and he can vote in both elections hahaha
its pretty cool because its like getting the best of both countries
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
OK, thanks for the help guys. I'll shave my friend's head before next Monday if he sticks to his word. Pics will most likely be provided.
PM for details.

I am 100% percent sure america has duel citizenship. My mom's coworker has it with russia and america. Prep the razor.
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
yes i have a friend. her and her sister are dual citizens for the US and germany
Last edited by icesk8erqueen8 at Sep 18, 2008,
I'm almost certain you can't. I know this because I was recently made a New Zealand citizen and in doing so I lost my British citizenship . I would have never have done it if I knew, my parents didn't tell me
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
My dad has had both since he was like, 30. He turned 50 last November.

Makes it hella easy to smuggle Taliban insurgents over. They may be crazy, but damn, do they pay well.

/terrorism.
EDIT: My friend Anthony has it too. He's a crack mule.