4 33%
B-52 AT-112/212/100
4 33%
Randall RG50TC
1 8%
Peavey Valveking
3 25%
Voters: 12.
I have two ways to go about this, either solid-state modeler or tube amp and pedals, my choices are:

Peavey Vypyr

Vox Valvtronix

B-52 AT-112/212/100

Randall RG50TC

Peavey Valveking

I have tried all of these and like the Vox the best. Of course, if you think you could suggest something better, please go ahead. Budget is, 500-1000 dollars. I could possibly go used if its cheap enough. Also, please explain why said amp would be best for my budget.

Thanks.
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Last edited by cloudjessie42 at Sep 18, 2008,
what style do you play
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
What kind of music are you playing? What's your budget? Where abouts do you like? Can you go used?

All these questions will help us help you.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I like to play EVERYTHING, jazz, thrash metal, classic rock.
Quote by Turkeyburger

Quote by BK202

Go with the vox if you like it. But with 600, you could get an AC15.
Tube Vox is amazing.
What kind of tone is most important to you? The valveking can do all those, though I'm not really a big fan of them. The b-52 could do all those genres too and I think it's a better sounding amp.

You never did give your budget. Also, does this amp need to be giggable, and can you go used?
Deluxe Reverb w/ a Distortion or OD. W/ the pedal it can do ANYTHING.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by Kevin Saale
What kind of tone is most important to you? The valveking can do all those, though I'm not really a big fan of them. The b-52 could do all those genres too and I think it's a better sounding amp.

You never did give your budget. Also, does this amp need to be giggable, and can you go used?

Budget is 500-1000, it needs to be giggable because I may be starting/joining a band in the next few years, and yes I can go used.
Quote by Turkeyburger

Quote by BK202

I said Randall. Now we just need ESupremesy to come in and vote Vypyr. lol
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
500-1000 whats? Swedish crowns? Is there any tone that's more important to you or is versatility key?

I'm trying to help, but you're making it tough.
Quote by cloudjessie42
I like to play EVERYTHING, jazz, thrash metal, classic rock.

Me too. For many, many years in many different band settings and styles. I own the B52 AT100 and it does all those styles well. Mainly, I play modern metal. It has enough gain for rhythm and lead and beyond. Its also great for classic rock, warm soft jazz, and SRV type clean.

As far as giggable? I have the half stack and its more than enough. I had it at a very comfortable level (enough to get some really nice self induced feedback) with a loud ass drummer, a bass player and a PA. And its very responsive to dynamics. Play as light as a butterfly or strum as hard as a jackhammer and it followed my lead all the way.

Good luck!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
If you have 1000 usd, I suggest you get something like a POD+ tube power amp for covering every base.

Or the Vyper Tube coming out.