So my band Alkali (www.myspace.com/alkaliband ..shameless self-promotion, deal with it) has been looking for a singer for a while. We can't find someone that fits us well enough, except for one person.

This guy has an amazing range and a fantastic voice, but he's really annoying. I'm worried that he'd take all the fun out of the band. But we do need a singer in order to get some real gigs (no clubs will take us because we're instrumental) Normally, I'd hold out for a better singer, but since everyone today want either wants to scream, or doesn't know the first thing about the music we play (prog)

What would you do?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Don't do it! If its not fun then there's no point. The whole band could fall apart.
Besides, its never easy creating the perfect band. Keep looking.
Rock on!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Quote by Doodleface
This guy has an amazing range and a fantastic voice, but he's really annoying.

That sounds like every rock band singer in history.

Just pointing that one out.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Quote by Doodleface

This guy has an amazing range and a fantastic voice, but he's really annoying.

If he's good, let him sing, as long as he doesn't say stupid annoying shit on stage.
I'm tempted to say if he's really the only choice, try him out, but how do you mean 'annoying'? Can you give an example? Because there's annoying, like telling lame jokes all the time, and there's annoying, like getting wrecked every day and starting fights with everyone he meets.

It all depends on the level of annoyance really.

Our bassplayer can be annoying, he once spent an entire 3 hour journey to a gig making silly noises, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I honestly felt like punching him, but at the same time, he's a great guy who can also be hilarious and I couldn't imagine our band without him..
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Our bassplayer can be annoying, he once spent an entire 3 hour journey to a gig making silly noises, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I honestly felt like punching him, but at the same time, he's a great guy who can also be hilarious and I couldn't imagine our band without him..

haha sounds like someone i know..

anyway, like slacker said, if its an annoying that you can deal with, it's just frustrating occasionally, then go with him, he could give you a lot if he is really good. but if its something that is a constant irritation, like sand inside your shoe rubbing on your heal as you walk, then drop him.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
Give him a shot.. I had a friend that played bass and is amazing.. but he is a moron.. and very annoying. at the same time if hes really really bad.. find someone else because you dont want to be on the road with someone who is going to scare away potential fans..
^ Heh, what is it with bass players being annoying?
Like I said earlier, our bassist is really annoying sometimes, but other times he's the instigator of some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen.
We were once doing a local radio show and he suddenly started singing to himself, one word over and over again to the Dambusters theme tune 'Pie,.... pie, pie, pie, piepiepie, pie....' (he likes pies)
The next thing you knew, we were all singing it, getting louder and louder and banging along to the beat on tables and stamping our feet, the poor radio DJ was wondering what the f*ck was going on but joined in anyway and the whole thing was broadcast live.
The next gig we played, the entire audience was singing it, with our bass player conducting them and getting them to sing it with different words, like 'beer' and 'bra'
Completely surreal but at the same time totaly hilarious.

When he joined the band, we had to give him a suitably naff tribute name to Sabbath's bass player Geezer Butler.
First we thought of Beezer Gutler, which was eventualy changed to Boozy Gutfull, but he considers himself lucky because we nearly called him Grizzly Buttf*ck.