i have this realy cool bolt on neck, but i want to make it a set neck. my idea was to drill out some holes in the guitar body, and matching holes into the neck, not on the back, more like into the body.

then, i get some wooden dowel or some metal pipe (i think the pipe would give it stronger connection, and a different tone)and glue it into the holes of the neck.

then, apply some glue to the pipes and slide it into the neck pocket.

if there are any other ways to do this, i would love to know.

please excuse the sh*tty drawing. i hope it's clear enough.
Attachments:
setneck.jpg
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
interesting idea but I dont know how it will work out with electronics and the pickup cavaty(sp?) for the neck pickup.

OH! Another thing! The frickin' "metalbar-that-keeps-the-neck-from-warping" thing I cant remember the real name for!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Sep 18, 2008,
Quote by backtothe70s
interesting idea but I dont know how it will work out with electronics and the pickup cavaty(sp?) for the neck pickup.

OH! Another thing! The frickin' "metalbar-that-keeps-the-neck-from-warping" thing I cant remember the real name for!

Truss rod? The thing that provides predictable, reliable structural support for the neck, and helps to compensate for neck bow.

This plan looks like a good way to snap all kinds of wood.
Why do you want to convert it to set neck? Seems just like a waste of time to me. It won't improve your sustain at all and is just a good way to waste wood.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Exactly, all it would do is make it a set neck, no improvements in anything at all.
My Sig Is Coming Soon
i just like the feel of a set neck.

oh, and by the way backtothe70s, i was planing on making a LP junior model, so the neck pickups would have no place.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Truss rod? The thing that provides predictable, reliable structural support for the neck, and helps to compensate for neck bow.

aye, that's the thing^^ thanks!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
I don't see the point in it, really. I mean, if the neck snaps, you're ****ed. With a bolt on, you can take it off and replace it...

...but hey, not my guitar