one of my strings snapped when I was tuning my guitar with a floyd rose. it seems like the bridge lowered. Is this normal when its missing a string?
alright, kinda scared me since this is my first guitar... imma buy some new strings tomorrow. also, any help on what kind of strings to buy?
Quote by Saephan215
alright, kinda scared me since this is my first guitar... imma buy some new strings tomorrow. also, any help on what kind of strings to buy?

The same gauge that you have already, unless you want to mess with the springs in the back! :S
The main purpose of a TV is to have a place to point your furnatures to
Make sure you buy the same string gauge. You will save yourself a lot of trouble.
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
Be sure to go with the same gauge strings. Any change in gauge will change tension and affect intonation, action and playability. It's ok to try different brands though so ask around and find out what other players like and why.

Good Luck!

P.S. Don't get frustrated if your guitar doesn't play well after you change stuff. Floyd Rose is all about striking a balance with your hardware. One seemingly insignificant setting that gets changed affects all of the others. Don't panic. If you get in a bind and can't correct it yourself find a guitar shop/tech that has a good reputation and have them reset it. Don't be afraid to ask the tech how the bridge works and what to do when a problem develops. A guitar player that knows his gear well is a dangerous weapon indeed!
Hmm, alright, I guess I stick with the 11 gauge. Thanks, I thought my floyd rose was done... Man this tension stuff is weird.
Yeah, its weird as hell dude. But you can do it! A Floyd Rose in perfect balance is so very sweet....