I've got a solo to write.
And I am cursed with a lack of scale knowledge.

So I'm wondering what scales sounds very mellow and can work well with some harmonic dabbles.
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Resisting the Urge to Fap since 8/11/08
However, I lost in 3 days.
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already

Theres like 50 post on scales in the lesson and column sections. If I were you I'd find a bluesy one. After that your going to want to check out a lesson on intervals/harmonizing.

Theres literally thousand of scale variants, personally I can't give you a straight answer. What sounds mellow in one song sounds edgy in another.

Good luck bro, rock the **** out.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
I would say almost any scale can sound mellow at a slowish tempo. But I would probably avoid scales with dissonance like #4s and such.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Minor
Harmonic minor
penatonic minor
Phygarian

basically minor scales and what not, but it depends how you play them, if you hit the notes softly fast or slow it will produce a mellow sound, compared if you hit them hard
the thing people forget is... it's not just the scale but the chords played underneath them as well. I personally think that minor7th chords are some of the mellowest chords i know, if not down right erotic. I met a girl who the only chord she could identify by ear was a minor 7th cause it gave her tingles if you get what I mean... anyways the best keys to play those in and still be able to use harmonics are key's where EADGBE are either roots or 5ths. This leaves you with E A D or G, for major keys, in which you will find that the 2nd, 3rd and 6th chord of each key are minor 7th chords... Try this, if you can loop some chords maybe try something like E G#m7 F#m7 A, and then play scales like E major, or C# Aeolian (natural minor) or minor pentatonic and play with the notes and phrases till you get something you like. hope this gives you some ideas on what to mess around with and look for...
Thank you all, it's actually sounding pretty good, as far as I have.
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Resisting the Urge to Fap since 8/11/08
However, I lost in 3 days.
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already