Hello

Ive recently put a lot of music on my hard drive, so i edited the id3 tags so its quite neat, but ive found that the odd album will have 2 albums, with one song in one, and the rest in the other, but all the songs will hav the same id3 tags, any help?

Thanks
Check for spaces. Also, extra id3 tags you may have missed.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
the tags can be tricky, check there isn't a space before or after the text in the tag, especially after cus that'll look ok, but actually not be. in the past that has been enough for WMP to think it's a completely different artist/album.

Did you manually do the tags or have WMP retrieve the data itself?
Quote by MoonBoots432
Check for spaces. Also, extra id3 tags you may have missed.

Ive checked that, theyre all identical

The main one is Death Magnetic

I have the first track under exactly the same album title as the one with the rest of the tracks, but seperate albums
Quote by freedoms_stain
the tags can be tricky, check there isn't a space before or after the text in the tag, especially after cus that'll look ok, but actually not be. in the past that has been enough for WMP to think it's a completely different artist/album.

Did you manually do the tags or have WMP retrieve the data itself?

I change the in Itunes, which every time until now has sorted everything
This has happened to me before. The quickest way I tried was just to click and drag the album art that only has one song to the album art with all but one song and it will pop up with a message saying 'do you want to change the album name from ... to ...'. Depending on how much music you have it might take a while.
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Quote by saphrax
Group them all together and edit the ID3 tags collectively, even if it's exactly the same as before. This should fix the problem.
I was about to suggest that.

Open the album file, select all the song files, right click, properties, delete the field you need changed (album is it?) and replace it with what you want, that should make them all the same.
Check that the others dont have "Part of a compilation" checked and the loner doesn't, if it doesn't, check it, it should get its sorry ass back in the damn album!!!
Quote by saphrax
Group them all together and edit the ID3 tags collectively, even if it's exactly the same as before. This should fix the problem.

Thats how ive been doing it