I recently had a crazy idea of tuning a Fender American Std Strat..
I'm very much into stratocasters, but I'm looking for a good metally/shreddy guitar with humbuckers. Since the Fender American Series are routed HSH, I though it might be nice to buy a new HSH pickguard and new pickups on all the positions (don't ask me why, I'll probably even lose the strat sound). The pickups I'm thinking of are the DiMarzio FRED in the neck position, the DiMarzio YJM as the mid-coil and the absolutely lovely DiMarzio Evolution in the bridge.
I call it the Uberstrat, which by the way sounds way cooler than just Superstrat.., never mind...

And the price tag of this all:
American Std Strat Olympic White or Blizzard Pearl+case €1.049
Fender Pickguard HSH white pearl or black pearl €52
DiMarzio FRED €74
DiMarzio YJM €69
DiMarzio Evolution €75
Which comes to a total of €1.319

What do you think of my devilish plan?
Idiotic.

There are dozens of guitars with the features you want for far less than that price, especially used, and imo HSH strats look like crap.

And I wouldn't call this crazy, either. I'd call this turning a strat into a crappier version of a mid to high-end Ibanez.
Want: EH Deluxe Memory Man, Warmoth Strat, Budda Superdrive 45
Nice idea, but really expensive for what you're gonna end up with. Why not build from scratch if you're puttin all that into it?
sweet i think u should post a vid on youtube after its done the worlds first UBERSTRAT!!
Quote by heavymetal31
sweet i think u should post a vid on youtube after its done the worlds first UBERSTRAT!!

Um... Definitely not the first, or even close.

Those are all essentially strats with HSH, with the JEM being significantly higher quality.

If you're dead set on wasting the money just build it from scratch, since that'll save some of it. Get a gorgeous flame maple neck and a really nice body.

And I hear coil tapping the Evolution is really good. I've got the Fred and like the coil split sound a lot, tho it really doesn't compare to a good set of single coils.
Want: EH Deluxe Memory Man, Warmoth Strat, Budda Superdrive 45
Go ahead and do it and enjoy every minute of it. At best, you'll have a creation greater than the sum of its parts, and it will be all yours, one of a kind. At worst, you'll have a really nice playing and sounding guitar.

People used to rag on me for every custom step I made to my frankenstein, and now they all love it. People too often think they know what is best for everyone else. If this project is something you truly want to pursue, you will not be disappointed with the end result.