I just got my classic 30 this week (great amp!) however i feel like it would make it so much better if i could switch between channels with a footswitch.

Can i just buy any old switch to change between the channels or do i have to get a specific one for the amp?

(i looked in the searchbar but didnt really see anything that answered this)

Thanks in advance

-mroe
Quote by wemonir
some guy asked me if i wanted to go back to his apartment and spin around on his weiner but i told him i had to go to the dentist
Just buy any 2 button footswitch that uses a 1/4" stereo cable
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I'm pretty sure Peavey amps accept any old footswitch as long as you got the correct amount of buttons.

I'm pretty sure you would only need a two button footswitch (one for channel and one for the "boost"... unless the reverb is also footswitchable - I'm not very familiar with the C30).
thanks guys

-mroe
Quote by wemonir
some guy asked me if i wanted to go back to his apartment and spin around on his weiner but i told him i had to go to the dentist
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I'm pretty sure Peavey amps accept any old footswitch as long as you got the correct amount of buttons.

I'm pretty sure you would only need a two button footswitch (one for channel and one for the "boost"... unless the reverb is also footswitchable - I'm not very familiar with the C30).

Boost isn't switchable, but reverb is.
What exactly is the logic there? Besides the fact that the boost is pretty much useless anyways...

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Quote by Checker
Boost isn't switchable, but reverb is.
What exactly is the logic there? Besides the fact that the boost is pretty much useless anyways...

Oh, I figured it was because I quickly glanced over a description of the amp to figure out how many buttons he would need and I saw something about a "boost switch" so I figured it was switchable... makes no sense to me lol

But yea TS, if the boost isn't switchable and the reverb is you will still only need a two button footswitch.
wonder if there's a way to mod it so the boost button's switchable, instead of reverb

*drools*
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Get the vox 2 button footswitch. It's metal and much better built than the more expensive plastic POS pv sells. But yes, many will work.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.