I came home from school and was about to play some guitar when i noticed the bridge pickup was coming out of my guitar and resting against the strings. I pushed it back in but it fell out again a few hours later. What holds the pickup in the guitar? Can I fix it? If so How?
Quote by Knurlheim
pictures?

This.

Also, a model/price range would help in case we can blame/rule out the "you have a cheap guitar" answer.

EDIT: nevermind, checked your profile/guitar. It ain't crap.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Last edited by Athetosis at Sep 18, 2008,
check the screws next to the pickups - its what holds them in place (also lowers them/raises them). simple fix, just realign the screw and spring (located inside the guitar) into the pickup and screw it in

There, the screw that's next to the center of the pickup is the one you need to check. There's a spring directly under that. the screw goes into the pickup, with the spring aswell.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Last edited by ezlntrooper at Sep 18, 2008,
Quote by ezlntrooper
check the screws next to the pickups - its what holds them in place (also lowers them/raises them). simple fix, just realign the screw and spring (located inside the guitar) into the pickup and screw it in

There, the screw that's next to the center of the pickup is the one you need to check. There's a spring directly under that. the screw goes into the pickup, with the spring aswell.

will i need to take the strings off to do this?
Quote by SG RocKeR4485
will i need to take the strings off to do this?

You'll probably have to loosen them, but I highly doubt you'll have to take them off.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
yea, you will, or at least loosen them so you have access to it. but does a new set of strings really hurt?
well, make sure it's the screws not holding the pickup in place that's the problem. either it's that, or (if it's a setup like that les paul up there) the pickup ring came loose, but i figure you would have mentioned that.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
i cant tell if it is the screw or not. The whole pickup isn't coming out, just the half closest to the neck.
I cant really get a good picture of it.
its a razorback if that helps
i say take off those strings and clean that damned guitar!! geez dude you think you got enough dust on your guitar?
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
i dont think it is the screw. It makes a "sticky" sound when i push/pull on the pickup.
I think its just some cheap pickups. IDK