I was at football practice today and this huge guy fell on me which misplaced my radius bone. This sucks, my season is over and I won't be able to play guitar again for a while because it was my left wrist.

Cheer me up and share any stories you have.
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
I broke my wrist three times when I was a kid. I've got impressive scars, but poor movement and strength.
pwnt
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
practice picking? ;d
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
atleast you can still fap, right?

more on topic

ive never broken a bone =D

feel any better?
Last edited by pureebil333 at Sep 18, 2008,
Time to do some open tuning and put some steel under your cast.

But seriously, that sucks. Never broken any appendages that would hamper my enjoyment, but I broke my ankle, that kinda sucked.
"It it best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it."
I broke my arm when I was 14. It stopped me playing guitar for the full 6 weeks because my arm was bent in a cast. I was a good rugby player before that, have been average since then. I've not been able to properly straighten my arm since.
someone give him a picture of that cartoon bear
ESP KH-202 emg-hz
ESP KH-502, duncan custom 5, duncan 59
1978 alverez acoustic
Peavey valveking 100 head
line 6 4-12 cabinet
EVH flange, wilson q-wah, boss chorus ensemble, dunlop brick power supply
One time I broke My leg when I was hiking. I was on a hill, and had a strong urge to sit atop a 8' tall outcropping. However, I was unable to get down. Eventually I jump, But My leg exploded in pain. I figured it was "just a flesh wound" and walked on it for a month. Finally, when it still hurt, My parents to me to get it X-rayed. It was a minuscule compression fracture, and all I got was 2 weeks out of gym.

Another time, I was riding my bike up to a three-way* intersection and failed to heed a stop sign. Before I knew it, a car pulled up in front of me and I jammed on the brakes. Next thing I know, I'm living on the hot asphalt in pain with 3 or 4 people standing around me. Luckily, II was conscious enough to tell them my home phone number. My parent's rushed to the scene to find three police car's there! I was quickly hoisted into an ambulance, and my dad (a nurse) came along. I was taken to a hospital, and found to have nothing but a broken collarbone, luckily. I had to have a sling on for 8 weeks, and the first to were spent lying in bed with ice on it, just watching TV. Talk about bored. Because of this, I missed out on most of the fun in our school bands trip to hershey park.

Moral of the story: stop signs are your friends.
And if you didn't realize, yes I hit the car with my bike.

*hehe, three-way
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
i have a steel plate in my skull. its a bitch when i go through the airport security.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
I broke my left elbow when I was in 4th grade. It was pretty weird seeing the X-Ray. There were pieces of bone just floating all over the place.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I broke my wrist playing basketball. I wasn't playing guitar at that time so it wasn't that bad. Then everything was cool for a few months, I started learning guitar and then I spraigned the same wrist playing football (non-serious).

But I got back into it and now I'm the guitarist I am today.
My knee cap on my left legged popped out when I got tackled by 3 guys in rugby because somehow right after a scrum the ball ended up by me and apparently all my team mates were circle jerking instead of paying attention and when I picked it up I got ****ed over.

My right knee cap popped out in indoor soccer I was playing nets, our goalie was sick, and I only had outdoor cleats at this point, and I went to turn, but my outdoor cleats were stuck in the artificial turf and the entire top part of my leg turned without the bottom.

Now both my knee caps will sometimes randomly pop out for some intense pain action. Apparently I won't be walking on my own when I'm 40. yay.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
Guitarist in my band fell off his amp and broke his wrist during a school fundraiser last year. It was only like a fender twin, it was rather hilarious to watch. I was confused about what to do tho, because he's also the singer and we had one more chorus, fortunately he got up and sang the rest.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by slaptasticdave
Guitarist in my band fell off his amp and broke his wrist during a school fundraiser last year. It was only like a fender twin, it was rather hilarious to watch. I was confused about what to do tho, because he's also the singer and we had one more chorus, fortunately he got up and sang the rest.

What a trooper.
I broke my wrist back in the fifth grade. I was riding my cousin's quad around his property, which was pretty much this big, huge-ass circle of gravel with grass in the middle. I shifted into third gear I believe, and as I was going to turn to go with the circle, I lost control and couldn't turn it all the way (due to my weak fifth grade arms). I ran straight into their barn door.

I flipped off the quad and was like "Ahhhhhhhhahahahhahhhhh!". BOOOM! I hit the door, and my wrist smacked against it with a strong force. Stronger than the force in Luke. I crumpled up into a little pile of a fifth grader and woke up about five minutes later as my step-dad came out. I went to the hospital and I found out I broke my wrist in two places. It was actually pretty awesome.

The beginning of that year, I found out what masturbation was, so I of course, was addicted. I couldn't do it with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town
Quote by gilbs73
I was at football practice today and this huge guy fell on me which misplaced my radius bone. This sucks, my season is over and I won't be able to play guitar again for a while because it was my left wrist.

Cheer me up and share any stories you have.

Quote by smb
I broke my wrist three times when I was a kid. I've got impressive scars, but poor movement and strength.

holy shit me too

except not technically my "wrist" more of my "arm"

i have titanium in me now, and two big ass surgery scars
I destroyed parts of the socket for the joint in my left index finger a few years ago. The finger was swollen for the better part of a year, and during that period I could not play guitar because I couldn't use it normally, and to this day I still can't, though it's somewhat better now.
The doctor actually said that it would have been better if the finger had been broken, because then they could just patch it up, and everything would go back to an almost normal state after healing.

Don't know how broken wrists work though...
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by top shelf

The beginning of that year, I found out what masturbation was, so I of course, was addicted. I couldn't do it with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Sig, meet top shelf. top shelf, meet my sig.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Pics? just coz i like seeing people hurt ( broken my leg twice ).
a little lost.....
You should be happy you broke bones, if you tore muscles it's worse because after they heal you have to strengthen them up again.

I had problems with my shoulder about 2 thanksgivings ago where I thought I popped it out of the socket. I had been fine until last year where whenever my muscles warmed up my shoulder would basically just fall out of place and cause intense pain for a day or 2. It turns out I tore 2 or 3 muscles around my socket and got surgery in mid-April. They said I couldn't do anything with it for a few months but since it was my right shoulder I kept it stationary and could still pick with it ^_^. Although it's been about 5 months now and I'm still not back up to pre-surgery strength, whereas when I broke my ankle I could run again about 8 weeks after surgery.
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt
Quote by Sirlancelot42
You should be happy you broke bones, if you tore muscles it's worse because after they heal you have to strengthen them up again.

I had problems with my shoulder about 2 thanksgivings ago where I thought I popped it out of the socket. I had been fine until last year where whenever my muscles warmed up my shoulder would basically just fall out of place and cause intense pain for a day or 2. It turns out I tore 2 or 3 muscles around my socket and got surgery in mid-April. They said I couldn't do anything with it for a few months but since it was my right shoulder I kept it stationary and could still pick with it ^_^. Although it's been about 5 months now and I'm still not back up to pre-surgery strength, whereas when I broke my ankle I could run again about 8 weeks after surgery.
I tore the ligaments in my shoulder about 2 years ago playing basketball and never got surgery. It'll occasionally pop out of the socket and go back in but it's not too terrible anymore. Not like the first week after the accident when I couldn't lift my arm
It hurts way worse today than it did yesterday.

The doctor wrote me a script for some vicodin and that's starting to take effect now.
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
Well I've broken both my wrists in the past 12 months.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Broke my arm a few weeks ago and it didnt stop me from playing
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

tore 2 intercostal muscles on the left side of my chest during a drunken trampoline session, not nice!!
and about 3 weeks ago i dislocated my shoulder iceskating. fell over backwards, put my arm out behind me to break my fall, it slid up behind my back, full weight came down on it, and out it popped!
Ibanez RGT42FM w/duncans
Musuc Man JP6, fully loaded
Crybaby 95Q
Boss DD6
Mesa DC-5
my condolences.
i broke my left wrist a few years ago in a motocross accident.
i have never been able to shred, since that happened.

in all honesty, i could never shred before that. lol
Quote by gilbs73
and I won't be able to play guitar again for a while because it was my left wrist.
it might not be all that long. for your sake, i hope it broke all the way through. mine was an incomplete fracture, a diagonal crack 3/4 of the way across the bone. it didn't show up until the second set of xrays (taken after they said there was absolutely nothing wrong but i complained of the pain.) a clean break will heal much faster than a crack.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Tom Petty shattered his hand and his wrist by punching a wall while making an album....So, if he can deal with that, you should be able to get over this little blockade.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲