It's not god awful, but you could put a LOT more creativity into it. Use Metaphors and Allegorys, they're a writers best tools (imo). You could also use a thesaurus, but I stay away from those cuz they make me feel like it's not in my own words. Keep writing, eventually you'll either get bored of bland boring stuff and force yourself to improve like that, and read LOTS, and look at cool lines writers wrote.
Quote by therealtater
My writing went from decent a couple months ago to crappy as hell today https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=960638 this is a link to my most recent work of....well not even I am going to call it art read it and give me some pointers on how to improve my skill a little bit

Whenever I get in that slump I go to dictionary.com, take the word of the day, and either use it as a metaphor and bass an entire poem/song around it. Or just use it as part of the idea for one.

Like "Halcyon", a poem i wrote when I felt completely down about my writing. It won writing of the week here.

The reason you feel bored is because you're not stretching yourself. So stretch yourself, take something you don't neccessarily want to do, or don't think you're very good at (writing wise) and do it. And don't just write poems/songs, write stories/movies/scripts/whatever. Just write, and you'll get out of it.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
edit your first post and open a discussion on a specific issue,
if you want to keep this thread open.
otherwise it will get closed.

posting in the main forum is for discussion of a specific piece.
you already have that covered by posting there.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.