Looking for a versatile amp and i happen to have a decent budget (2000$) but ill need to buy a cab and that kinda sucks a good 1\4 of the budget i think (2x12 maybe). I play Death,Nu and classic metal and its also why decent cleans are essential and ill need the amp for everything except very low volume practice, so small gigs and band practice etc. I spotted the Carvin V3 but i didn't like any sound clips i heard (Fizzy, grainy harsh dist\mids maybe I'm crazy) I'm out of ideas but then i don't know every amp-making company out there.

Btw i live in Canada so i only get to bid on a fraction of the stuff on Ebay cause no one ships here. T.T

If you happen to have an answer to this headache, Post away plz !
Thx
above one's good, personally i wouldn't buy an amp before tryign it out so if you can find some at a local music store do that; it's important you test amps first so ebay would be bad. and i love orange myself, maybe not great for your style im not sur ei don't play metal, but give them a look. they make my favourite amps in the world
http://www.roccaforteamps.com/Levant_Gain_100.htm

This.

Get Doug to add a gain boost for you and your tone will make women weep AND kill babies at the same time (maybe the women are weeping due to the dead babies?)

EDIT: I just saw you were in Canadia.

http://www.petersamplification.com/index2.htm

There you go.
Quote by imgooley
http://www.roccaforteamps.com/Levant_Gain_100.htm

This.

Get Doug to add a gain boost for you and your tone will make women weep AND kill babies at the same time (maybe the women are weeping due to the dead babies?)

EDIT: I just saw you were in Canadia.

http://www.petersamplification.com/index2.htm

There you go.

dude, look at his budget those are too expensive to buy and then also buy a cab
Just make sure you demo demo demo. You can't learn anything about an amp in a store. Unless they got a dedicated room for demo's. You need to bring your gear.....axe, pedals, ect in there and spend some time with it. Good budget..... for your cab you can't go wrong with an Avatar Cab. Mix and match speakers and one sweet cabinet build for low low price. That should leave $1500 or so for the head. Plenty of money for a great amp.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
Quote by Les Paul57
dude, look at his budget those are too expensive to buy and then also buy a cab

The Peters goes for 1900 iirc, and the HG100 goes for the 2200.

I usually go +/- 20% or so when I give suggestions.

The Peter's + an Avatar 2x12 would be barely over budget, and be more than worth it.
Quote by imgooley

The Peter's + an Avatar 2x12 would be barely over budget, and be more than worth it.

+1, peter's are SICK amps, tried one in ottawa

and please don't say you want two channels

a single channel is all you need, learn to use the volume knob on your guitar
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Some high gain/boutique amps are:

Bogner Uberschall, Ecstasy
Diezel Herbert, VH4, Einstein
Elmwood M60 Modena, M90 Modena
Engl Blackmore, Savage, Powerball, Fireball
Framus Dragon, Cobra
Genz Benz El Diablo
Krank Krankenstein, Revolution, Chadwick
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV, Roadster, Road King, Rectifier series
Mako Makoplex, Dorado
Peavey 5150±, 6505±, XXX, JSX
Rivera Knucklehead Tre
Soldano SLO 100, Avenger
Splawn Quickrod, Nitro
VHT Sig-X, Deliverance
VHT G-100-UL Pitbull
VHT G-100-CL Pitbull
VHT G-50-CL Pitbull
5150III
Mesa Boogie DC series [DC-10, DC-5, etc]
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Series [Contrary to popular belief, these can get Br00tal for sure]
Orange Thunderverb 50
Orange Thunderverb 200
^ Where'd you get that list from?
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I had a post on here a few months ago asking about boutique tube amps and somebody replied with all of those names...so I copied it into a Word document so I could save it on my PC for future reference. I tried to find the original post but I didn't have any luck. Whoever replied with all those names really knows their stuff!
Quote by imgooley

+1, the Chimera is a badass amp, with a great clean channel. Bonus is he's a Canadian builder. Contact him, and he will tell you honestly if he thinks his amp will work for you. He's the kind of guy that will tell you flat out if he doesn't think his amp would be right for you. Class act.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Thanks a bunch for all suggestions.

Having a hard time looking into all the amps n stuff but "Genz Benz El Diablo" really cough my eye and ripped it out of its eye socket. Looks fabulous.

As for the 1900+ amps... yea its a bit too mutch i wouldent mind going 2200 but 2300 is just too mutch.

Thx again
Personally I don't like the Genz Benz and I've never met someone who really enjoyed it so I would avoid it unless you've tried it out. An Egnater Tourmaster Half Stack will run you 2000 and it can cover anything you throw at it and Bruce is a great guy.
The El Diablo gets some very mixed reviews. Ive tried it out, and it takes alot of time to figure out just how the active EQ works. In the end, i did get it sounding good, but it wasnt better then the Traynors i have now. It also sounded terrible at low volumes (ie. needs to be cranked to sound good). Definitely try it before you buy it.

Speaking of Traynors, i recommend the YCS-100. Inexpensive, sounds great, and you will have money to buy almost any cab you want.