When replacing pickups, what does output have to do with it...

I'm really liking the Seymour Duncan '59. I want to put it in my strat bridge. But the stock HB is rated at like 12k and the '59 is at 8k. Is this a problem?

Thanks
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Not necessarily. It won't push the front end of your amp as hard. If the other pups are 12k then you may notice a volume loss when you switch to the bridge pup, but I doubt it would be a lot. If it's HSS then you really don't have anything to worry about.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I think it also depends on what guitar you have exactly (which strat i guess) and what types of music you play. Amp makes a difference too. When I looked at the output of my current pup on paper I thought it would be way too much so it is relative.

??
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
When replacing pickups, what does output have to do with it...

I'm really liking the Seymour Duncan '59. I want to put it in my strat bridge. But the stock HB is rated at like 12k and the '59 is at 8k. Is this a problem?

Thanks

That's not the output, it's the DC resistance - it's a contributing factor to the output but there's no direct correlation.

What kind of tone are you looking for?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Might as well turn this into a pup reccomendation thread then.

I'm putting a new HB in the bridge of my MIM HSS Strat. It's my main guitar so I need versatality. Main genres are alternative, classic rock, hard rock(not too hard, and no metal. I really don't get much harder than Kiss or something...), surf, blues, and some reggae. Needs good cleans, but can handle dirt well.
The amp is a Fender Twin Revern '65 Reissue.

I'm also looking to put a new SC in the neck, and maybe one in the middle position...for that I need basically the same thing. Good cleans, yet smooth and fat for, say, Gilmour style solos. I'm thinking of going Lace Sensor for this, but don't know yet.
Thanks guys.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
The 59 should work fine, you could also look at the Duncan Custom Custom for a bit more power...after all you've got the other 4 positions for your cleaner tones.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
The 59 should work fine, you could also look at the Duncan Custom Custom for a bit more power...after all you've got the other 4 positions for your cleaner tones.

That's what i was thinking, I really don't use my bridge pup clean unless I want a dirty dave davies kind of clean.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Nah, my bridge pickup is my main pickup. I need teh clean.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
Nah, my bridge pickup is my main pickup. I need teh clean.

Your guitar has 3 pickups and 5 switching options for a reason..use them

If you want cleans, use the positions that are good at them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Your guitar has 3 pickups and 5 switching options for a reason..use them

If you want cleans, use the positions that are good at them.

My bridge is good at them, any other pickup selection pales in comprison for sparkly cleans.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
That simply isn't the case - your ears must be wired out of phase or something...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

You remind me of myself when I first came to the forums, I wanted the same sound.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I was looking at HSS Strats, then I realized the humbucker was in the BRIDGE, that pissed me off, ut traditional Stratocasters are my favorite.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by forsaknazrael
^can me and and steven seagull be in your sig?

Personally, the Strat's neck pickup is best. Warm, but it still has that top end single coil charm. The bridge can sound too thin and trebley, even with a humbucker.

apparently he ran out of room
I don't know why use use only your bridge. I never keep my pickup selector in place for more than maybe a miute during a song, and I'm constantly rolling my volume. There are multiple pups for a reason, use them!
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Exactly! Your volume and tone controls are your friends!

I know, I would kill myself without them. I only keep my gain at 5-6 which is great for getting a clean tone