I really want to get into longboarding (As in the kind with wheels...I used to surf but I've developed a weird phobia of naturally-occuring bodies of water), but I have no idea where to start. I want to make my own board but I can't find measurements anywhere
Anyone in the Pit into carving?

I'm 6'3", weigh about 200 pounds.

Thanks for your time
you dont live in san fransisco. dont do it.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
i longboard and have for a while. i've done some racing and some carving and i think u'd be better off just buying a regualr one. if you want a wild ride check out landyachtz. also if you want the best carving ever then check out the sector nine sidewinder trucks. its a truck mounted on a truck for uber-sexy turns
Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

I borrowed my cousins longboard for about a year, and that was pretty cool

But you know how when you borrow something, and you've had it for a while, and it's pretty much yours, but you still don't know if they want it back?

...yeah, it was that point, and he wanted it back.

I wanna get another one of my own, they're pretty cool..
I see people with them at school all the time. They always just carry them... It's not like you get to your destination much faster, and you can't use them up hills. I think most people just have them to look cool.
Quote by drewfromutah
I see people with them at school all the time. They always just carry them... It's not like you get to your destination much faster, and you can't use them up hills. I think most people just have them to look cool.

they actually do go much faster than a person walking, or skateboarding. it may be slower than a bike or a car but thats a sacrafice that can be ade for the amount of fun it delivers. you can definitely use it uphill but u will just go slower (exactly like a bike or skateboard or anything else that is not gravity resistant). and if ppl are just walking around with them then yeah there probably just posers trying to look cool most ppl, though, use them becase they offer an awesome exerience
Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Quote by CSguitarist
I really want to get into longboarding (As in the kind with wheels...I used to surf but I've developed a weird phobia of naturally-occuring bodies of water), but I have no idea where to start. I want to make my own board but I can't find measurements anywhere
Anyone in the Pit into carving?

I'm 6'3", weigh about 200 pounds.

Thanks for your time

i have a sector 9 . It's a really good board. It's about 34 inches and to my thats perfect for just cruising around and even bombing some hills
Sounds like I'll be pawning some shit and getting a sector 9. Haven't heard a bad thing about them anywhere.

Thanks for the input