I went to play my Fender Blues Junior today and I noticed that the spring frame used to keep the power tubes in place was off balance, causing the power tubes to lean unnaturally to the left. As I was removing the frame to adjust it, one of the power tubes popped right out. I was wondering:
1. If it would be safe just to put the power tube right back in, and
2. What I can do to prevent this in the future.
I'll play it and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis
For 1 it is safe to just put it back in, but I'm not sure about 2. Maybe tighten the spring thing?
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Don't touch the tubes with your bare hands, the oils on your skin makes "cold spots" and can cause them to shatter when warmed up.
Quote by whiteraven119
Don't touch the tubes with your bare hands, the oils on your skin makes "cold spots" and can cause them to shatter when warmed up.

This seems like a wives tale to me. I touched every tube I've ever put in or out of an amp and it's never caused them to break. I take my preamp tubes out while the amp is on all the time and it doesn't hurt them. Tubes aren't as fragile as everyone makes them out to be.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by whiteraven119

No, it's halogen lights that you shouldn't touch. Tubes are tough stuff.