okay, so i was looking at getting a new bass, but under 350 bucks. I can't really decide between an Epi T Bird, or a Schecter bass. SO, if anyone would have any good opinions on the best bass under 350, feel free to post it. Keep in mind... i play metal and rock.
DO NOT get the thunderbird. Trust me. Their problems far outweigh the few good things about them (I don't see anything good about them, but that's just me). Anyways, Schecter is a good choice. I recommend an ESP F-104. They're $299, and the playability is supreme for what you pay. The tone is good for metal, it's nice and "ugly" sounding (in a good way). It has its own snarl to it. For a $300 bass, it's definitely worth it. Look into Ibanez basses too, if you prefer small necks.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Schecter under $350?

Look for something used, or an Ibanez.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
i was looking at the Ibanez SRX2EX1... i mean that bass looks sick in the white.. plus theres a blemished one that is only 260... great price, and ibanez's have some sick tones.
Quote by RLPatriots0499
i was looking at the Ibanez SRX2EX1... i mean that bass looks sick in the white.. plus theres a blemished one that is only 260... great price, and ibanez's have some sick tones.

this. I've played it. I liked it feel wise better than the bass I got instead, and would have gotten it if i had not had such a deal before me. and soundwise, it indeed has some sick tones.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
okay.. i really think i'm going to go with that. i played it at GC and i loved it.. but if i run it through my apeg half stack it'll sound even sicker.. i'm just kinda worried about getting it blemished. i mean obviously its sellable so its not too badly in shape. and it IS 260 compared to buying it 349 regular price.
a cort is a good solid well made econamy bass I still use mine on stage from time to time
Quote by RLPatriots0499
okay.. i really think i'm going to go with that. i played it at GC and i loved it.. but if i run it through my apeg half stack it'll sound even sicker.. i'm just kinda worried about getting it blemished. i mean obviously its sellable so its not too badly in shape. and it IS 260 compared to buying it 349 regular price.

my bass was blemished, I'd say go for it man.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

okay. how do you feel about Behringer amplification. They have a nice little 45w combo for 120, and that would be a perfect wattage for just garage practices ya know, with the band... instead of dragging my damn half stack around. i just don't know how well of a reputation behringer has
Quote by RLPatriots0499
okay. how do you feel about Behringer amplification. They have a nice little 45w combo for 120, and that would be a perfect wattage for just garage practices ya know, with the band... instead of dragging my damn half stack around. i just don't know how well of a reputation behringer has

never buy Behringer. they will break within a year.

I'd suggest an Acoustic AB50, like I always do, it has dual input too, if you feel like giving your guitarist a reason to carry it. and it is a trucker. all dinged and still very nice. but, no gain. oh well. it's punchy clean, I'd be afraid to see what gain would give it.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

It might be rough, but finding a Schecter Custom for $350 isn't impossibly difficult. Go try one out at GC, see if you like it. I also want to tell you to look at a Mexican Fender, but I have never played one that really impressed me. But then again, 20 fret basses turn me off as much as fundamentalist christians do.
I had an Ibanez SRX300... I still have it actually, and would never sell it. It was $350 new and is an absolutely amazing bass, for the price, and I stress "for the price." I own a Warwick and still play my Ibanez regularly.
2006 Warwick
MASTODON
Id say an Ibanez they ok
CANNIBAL CORPSE

When the silence is gone, what have we become?
i just picked up an '08 SR300 from Ibanez for $240 they redesigned the thing and i like it. maxed out features for a budget price, 5 piece walnut/maple neck active Style Sweeper EQ EXF curved Pick-ups, they look sweet, the body is very curvy or "arched" painted headstock, just a nice touch if you ask me an EASY to load bridge, you just lay the strings in there its nice really....also they offer a Flamed Maple version and others in the SR line are feature filled with inexpensive price tags...

GOOD LUCK
okay, i just got the bass. it sounds amazing. now... i'm not to acustomed to buying combo amps.. so anyone have a good idea on a good bass combo amp that's under 175$ and still has decent power?
Acoustic AB50.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Anything by Crate. I use it for gigging. Amazing.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
There are Nemesis (Eden's cheap range) in that price range - take a look. Come with custom made Eden speakers. Probably the best tone you'll get at your price level.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Danelectro Dano 63. I own one, AMAZING bass, you can get so many tones out of it and it is unique.
oh crap.

so you bought a shitty generic metal bass, sorry didn't read that part.

well idk about amps buddy.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Anything by Crate. I use it for gigging. Amazing.

Hey i saw you have the exact same bass i JUST got... how do you like it? and is it white or black.. just out of curiousity