First off, im about to replace all the pickups in an ibanez s series i got for cheap, and i need some info about rewiring. im adding a tone zone bridge, an evolution neck, and a vintage heavy blues 2 middle *single*. what do i just take out the other pickups and add these or what?

also, what are the squares around a guitar pickup called? i cant for the life of me remember, its very aggrevating
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by spoonylove90

im not left handed i just have a mac btw.

Quote by NaivexLi
Yes...I named my penis Darth Vader.
it's a matter of desoldering the wires from the current pickups, and soldering the correct wires from the new pups to the same place...
theres a tutorial on seymourduncan.com, I think.

I think you mean the pickup rings?
yeah, thats them! thanks

and what are the benefits of having a 5 way toggle as opposed to a 3? i need to replace the 5, but i dont think i really need it too much
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by spoonylove90

Quote by NaivexLi
Quote by bobbynogo
also, what are the squares around a guitar pickup called?

.... they are called pickup rings

Quote by bobbynogo
what are the benefits of having a 5 way toggle as opposed to a 3? i need to replace the 5, but i dont think i really need it too much

If you have a 5 way switch on a guitar with the HSH configuration you could wire it NECK - NECK + MIDDLE - MIDDLE - MIDDLE + BRIDGE - BRIDGE
but if you have a 3 way switch its just..
NECK - MIDDLE - BRIDGE
Or you could just have no switch at all and have all 3 pickups on at the same time but you would be able to get 3 or 5 (depending on what switch) different tones out of the guitar.
yeah, it just slipped my mind totally what they were called, i cant believe i forgot XD

and thanks, that helped alot.
Quote by HomerHitter

Quote by spoonylove90

Quote by NaivexLi