so ive been searching for a new amp and i happened to stumble upon a Traynor YCV80Q 4x10 combo for $500 and i was thinking about buying it. but ive never heard of it. has anyone heard/played one before? any reviews? suggestions??? anything? i deperatly need help. thank you
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
Try it and see if you like it.

BTW, if it's anything like the ycv50 blue then it a pretty good amp, though 80 watts seems like way too much headroom for an amp that probably can't do metal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
true but im not really looking for a metal amp. just something with a really nice distortion. and ive heard that its actually very quiet for an 80watt. and i cant try it cuz its on ebay so i either buy it or i dont

I've never seen a Traynor, let alone played one.

If you can get a good deal on it, though...
Quote by malashea_GTRST
true but im not really looking for a metal amp. just something with a really nice distortion. and ive heard that its actually very quiet for an 80watt. and i cant try it cuz its on ebay so i either buy it or i dont

Well, 500 seems like a good price, try it and see if you like it. If it's too loud you can might be able to pull two power tubes to bring down the headroom a bit.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Well, 500 seems like a good price, try it and see if you like it. If it's too loud you can might be able to pull two power tubes to bring down the headroom a bit.

hmmm. that could work. so if i pulled out 2 would it only be a 40 watt amp??

Yeah, I wouldn't do it unless you know what you're doing since it changes the impedance of your amp.
it does?? hmm. so lets say its normally an 8ohm impedance, does that mean removing 2 will make it 4 ohms? sorry. im a bit of an electric n00b

I think so. I know when you do it with a 5150 you have to double what you have chosen on the selector. Say with 4 tubes you're running 8 ohms into an 8 ohm cab. If you pull two tubes, you have to put the amp on 16 ohms. Or maybe its backwards. I can't remember.
hmm ok.ill research it then. but thank you for all the help Kevin Saale. you are my hero of the day

Glad to help.

Hmm, hero of the day, that sounds like some pop song title.
hahaha it probably is. but ive been using it for a while now. maybe i should name a song after it... nahhh

I have the 2x12 version and i love it. Very nice amp. Ive heard that the 4x10 version has a little less gain tho.