What ohms should I have my amp set at? I'm running a 5150 through a Marshall 8x10 cab.

How long should I have the power on before I flick the standby switch? How long before I turn the amp completely off?

+anything else I should know.
Quote by ledhendrix711
do u guys know where i can get guitar tabs ive bin lookin every where on the internet..

Quote by Muphin
I take the strings off before I smash my guitars. I usually go through about 2 a week. It's mad fun.
Depends on the ohms of the cab, you need to know that first.

30 secs- 1 min should be plenty, it won't hurt the amp if you turn it on too soon, it will just shorten the life of the tubes slightly (very slightly)

When you're done playing just shut it off, no need to wait for anything.

Edit: very important, don't turn the amp on without the cab plugged in. You will most likely destroy the head.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
8 ohms, but check what you have it set onyour head. I believe the 5150 has a switchable ohm load or different speaker jacks for different ohm loads.

just cross reference the writing on the back of both the head and cab.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
4, 8, and 16 ohms. Currently set at 8. Would 4 or 16 be louder/make a differencE?
Quote by ledhendrix711
do u guys know where i can get guitar tabs ive bin lookin every where on the internet..

Quote by Muphin
I take the strings off before I smash my guitars. I usually go through about 2 a week. It's mad fun.
Generally not a good idea. It's best to match, but you can run the head lower than the cab. Running higher is not good. Lower might give less volume, but it's probably not worth it to risk your amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not