Hey guy ia relly digging the xiphos 7 for my next 7, so if you guys can give idea of how it plays sounds, and all that jazz, or if there are othere ibbys you would reccomend instead it would be a great help.

Thanks, Peace
NICK-NAC PATTY WACK GIVE A DOG A HANDJOB!

The day I see a squirrel masturbating to pictures of other squirrels is the day that we'll lose our human uniqueness.
I played the 6string Xiphos. Really liked it. Played well. Sounds good. Might want to get active p'ups though.
Dude I was gonna get one, but I opted for the Ibanez presting 7 string instead (RG1527 I absolutely love this guitar).

The reason I chose the prestige are as follows:
1) I love thin necks, the prestige has the wizard, super thin. The Xiphos has the wizard II, not as thin
2) The Xiphos does not balance good, the headstock wants to dip when you have a strap on. You cant strum a oped chord and let go or the guitar will dip.

but the Xiphos is neck through, better sustain!

It is a freaking rad guitar, but I would recommend the RG1527!

PS. Will you check out my new song on my profile titled

ArpeggiOOOHHH. I recorded it with the RG 1527, but I have a super shitty recording setup. Trust me, it sounds 10X better than this recording!
i dosent matter if theres a trm or not.

The day I see a squirrel masturbating to pictures of other squirrels is the day that we'll lose our human uniqueness.
While trems kick ass, The Edge III does not. Do not buy a six string xiphos
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
I recommend it, the neck-dive issue is easy after re-positioning the strap buttons to the positions that they are on on the Jackson Warrior's.
It's definantly a metal guitar, so don't be buying it if you want to use it for good cleans without a pup change.
I personally loved the fixed bridge on it, I use my S7320 for when I want to get whammy happy.
Hope that helps man
i say 1527 as well.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Quote by BHC zoley
While trems kick ass, The Edge III does not. Do not buy a six string xiphos
A edge 3 isn't that bad, and it surely doesn't make the xiphos unworthy of buying. I have one, and the trem still plays fine/
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Didn't they recently release a hardtail six string Xiphos? It might not be out yet though.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Didn't they recently release a hardtail six string Xiphos? It might not be out yet though.

Yeah it is.
And I have one with a trem and it's not that bad (regardless of the fact that I'd rather an OFR).
My only gripe with the 7 string xiphos, is the bridge + ferrules, f**king ugly IMO otherwise its great, love the paint.

I can recommend the 1527, great guitar if you change the pups

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by 3lusiv3
Yeah it is.
And I have one with a trem and it's not that bad (regardless of the fact that I'd rather an OFR).

You're wrong.

It's pretty ****ing bad.

I traded my Xiphos with the [shitty] Edge III trem for a fixed bridge PRS.

PRS > Ibanez at building guitars.
http://www.youtube.com/user/w0nk001

1977 Gibson SG

Line 6 Toneport UX2

Peavey EVH 5150

Quote by poidaobi;8303134
Fiddy Juan Fiddy
Dual Rectumfrier Too Chaaan

Had an ENGRUL Powerlawl and a Fraymus Co-Bra.
Quote by w0nk001

PRS > Ibanez at building guitars.

Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl

but the Xiphos is neck through, better sustain!
QUOTE]

Bolt-ons have the best sustain.

The difference in sustain between bolt-on, neckthrough, or glued on necks is negligeble anyways. The wood the guitar is amde of and how much of the wood is the key factor to sustain, along with pickups.

Other than that, I reccomend you try both if possible. If you want something on the more versatile side get the RG1527, if you want a one trick pony good at metal, Xiphos is for you.

Cheers.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
At the PRS>Ibanez at building guitars, you aren't considering the J-customs and LACS ones there.
And on the edge III, it can last you, as long as you take a lot of care of it or don't use it much. However, like most trems, eventually it'll crap out, but with the Edge III it'll be sooner rather than later.

Now on the 7 string debate, I think the Xiphos would be fine for a fixed bridge 7. Nothin' wrong with it really.
But if you ever decide you want a trem the RG1527 would be a great purchase.
the RG1527 is 1000 here in canada i dont have 200 extra sitting around what about the S7320?

Quote by Green_Jelly

i dont understand why the hardtail is like a 100 dollars more than the edge III- equipped xiphos. It has a shittier finish too, whats with Ibanez???
The S7320 is apparently a good guitar, however it isn't prestige or anything so it won't be as good build quality as the RG1527, though my 6 string S (470) is class and has lasted through a lot of shit, and believe it or not, does great for acoustic slide stuff
I really liked the Xiphos 7, it played extremely well and it sounded good (through a mediocre amp).
ಠ_ಠ
Yea so what else yall wanna put out there and othere 7s from other companies, Dose Jackson have a Good 7 srting?

Anyone?