Page 1 of 6
I know alot of people see it as a cowardly way out but i dont. If life becomes to much of a pain to go through and you wake up every day with nothing to look foward to then i dont think it is a bad idea.

However i dont think you should do it if you have someone else depending on you, like a wife and kids.

If life becomes to unberable to live that its not worth living i dont see why you would go on with it. The same way you would terminate something else that was bad if you had the power to.

Im not suicidal or anything but me and my sister were talking about kurt cobain today and she was shocked at my view on suicide.
so what are everyone elses views?
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I think that sums it up pretty well.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Honestly, there are many ways in which you could escape something without suicide such as a therapist, old high school friend or even old teacher.

But like you said, I'd rather commit suicide than live life as a homeless drug addict. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't try to make something of myself and turn it around first.
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
here's what'll happen:

1. Someone will say it's okay for anyone

2. Someone will say it's only okay sometimes

3. Someone will say something about religion

4. Someone will say something about freedom

5. Someone will say something about depression / personal experience

begin ideological debate

/thread
Quote by metal4life592
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I think that sums it up pretty well.

+1
by LazyLatinoRocke
At least you didn't walked in on your cousin and girlfriend going anal.
if things in your life are that bad, you can change them. suicide is truly the easy way out. it's guys like kurt cobain who make suicide seem like a good solution.
Quote by metal4life592

Depression et al arn't necessarily temporary problems.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
I just see it as a way out. I don't really see it as selfish but I can see how others do. I think about committing it all the time but I am too afraid.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by niflag
Depression et al arn't necessarily temporary problems.

But there are other better solutions for it. Therapy, counseling, etc.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
It is just a little selfish. I mean, if you know the pain that you will cause others by taking your own life and do it anyway...that is the part I don't like. Otherwise I'd probably be dead.

It's hardly selfish if you have depression, because when you have depression it becomes your only option left, you have no control over anything in you life anymore except the very existence of your life.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah, it's a hard issue to look at imo. And yeah the main problem that I have with it is the pain it causes others. A few years back, I was going through a very tough time and didn't have the confidence to talk to anyone about it. I contemplated suicide but basically the reason I didn't is because of the effect it would have on my friends, family and everyone around me. I learned a lot from that experience and I think it helped shape the person that I am today, which I'm greatfull for.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
Some people choose it, some don't. I'm not gonna bash people that have suffered depression and have attempted/committed suicide but I'm not gonna condone it either. I just think everyone has the right to make their own choices and if taking their own life is one, that's their decision.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by Boogie Man
It's hardly selfish if you have depression, because when you have depression it becomes your only option left, you have no control over anything in you life anymore except the very existence of your life.

depression can be cured with simple medication.

furthermore, if your life is the only thing you have control over, why end it?
This may sound stupid, but one reason I think about committing suicide is just to see how many people will care. I know that after death I can't really take a look at my funeral, but I sort of wish I could.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by schecter_guy
if things in your life are that bad, you can change them. suicide is truly the easy way out. it's guys like kurt cobain who make suicide seem like a good solution.

Kurt Cobain was murdered, he didnt kill himself. I know conspiracy theories are a dime a dozen these days but the fact that the murder weapon was too large to pull the trigger with his hands and his shoes were tied and on has always led me to believe he had help or was basically murdered. Anyways he might have actually committed suicide but its always good to have a healthy amount of disbelief.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
If you are going to kill yourself why not do it in a good way, like saving a dog from getting hit by a car, or join the military and take a bullet for your friend. Atleast that way you died knowing you did something good.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by newbie08
Yeah, it's a hard issue to look at imo. And yeah the main problem that I have with it is the pain it causes others. A few years back, I was going through a very tough time and didn't have the confidence to talk to anyone about it. I contemplated suicide but basically the reason I didn't is because of the effect it would have on my friends, family and everyone around me. I learned a lot from that experience and I think it helped shape the person that I am today, which I'm greatfull for.

Exactly. I would never go through with it no matter how bad things got because it would cause to much pain to my family members.

But if you're homeless or you lost all your family members or have a bad relationship with them then it would be an option.

Its your life, how can it be selfish? Its completely your decision.
if suicide were as cool as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pyBB7y8fDU&fmt=18

then maybe I would think about doing it

but otherwise, I feel like it would be a selfish act if you have loved ones, and honestly I would never do it no matter how crappy my life gets just cause i can't imagine what my parents would have to tell my 7 year old little brother of what happened to me, but hey thats personal so yeah
Quote by metal4life592

Depression is a permanent mental problem, it's not exactly temporary

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I think it's really hard for people to understand if they haven't ever had clinical depression. I knew a guy with bipolar disorder. He was in a comedy group. One of the funniest, most amicable guys I've ever known. He had a great life, a fantastic family, and plenty of people who loved him a lot. But his disorder got the better of him and he killed himself. This was the main event that changed my views on suicide. It's definitely not cowardly, it's definitely not a sign of weakness in a person. If someone like that can succumb to the disorder, it's not just something that you can look at logically. You can't just step back and say "I feel like shit, but I have a loving family, a great job, everything I could want, so I will just 'feel better'." I don't think it's fair at all to call it selfish or cowardly.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
Let's consider that no one can explain in a factual sense what we're doing here. No one can explain what happens when we die. If we have that capacity to kill ourselves, then it's obviously an option that was granted to us by god or evolution or whatever else. I see no problem with it...
------------------------------------------------------- ~ UG's Nirvana Fangirl ~ -------------------------------------------------------

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Quote by schecter_guy

that is false. You think its that easy? In some cases it helps but in most it turns you into a mindless drone zombie.

I have a prozac script but i havent filled it because i wont to get though my problems without using chemicals.
Quote by metal4life592

Well, it wouldn't be a temporary problem if there was no permament solution, it would be a permament problem.
Imo (BIG IMO), if one is stupid enough to kill themselves, then they don't deserve life. Like stated above, it is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

All the people that act suicidal to get attention are just as bad. Either quit being a bitch, or grow some and actually do it.

Again, all IN MY OPONION. You can agree or disagree, but its my opinion.

Now if someone has like chronic depressions or something of the sort, then that's a different story...
Quote by schecter_guy

Because you feel you have no control over anything else anymore, that is the nature of depression, and not all people respond effectively to the drugs

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Useless deaths. Suicide is not a solution. In any way. Nobody should take their own lives. I don't like it when people kill themselves and causes sorrow and pain to everyone around 'em.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by blamegame7
Exactly. I would never go through with it no matter how bad things got because it would cause to much pain to my family members.

But if you're homeless or you lost all your family members or have a bad relationship with them then it would be an option.

Its your life, how can it be selfish? Its completely your decision.

how can it be selfish? yeah its your decision and it only physically hurts you, but it's a big slap in the face to your parents who sacrifice a lot to raise you and take care of you and it would emotionally scar them for the rest of their lives

but hey if you dont have anyone to live for i guess you cant really say its selfish
I can sympathize with a guy who committed suicide because his mental disorder got the better of him, but I won't sympathize with the people who commit suicide because, "omg my girlfriend left me ima go kill myself now" or something stupid like that.
I think its selfish to want them to stick around through a lifetime of misery just for your sake.
Quote by schecter_guy

What if you just don't care? If you see no point in working through those problems, because even if you do.. you'll still be unhappy.. Why bother?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 18, 2008,
Quote by Cowslayer
Honestly, there are many ways in which you could escape something without suicide such as a therapist, old high school friend or even old teacher.

But like you said, I'd rather commit suicide than live life as a homeless drug addict. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't try to make something of myself and turn it around first.

If you ask a homeless drug addict, he may respectively disagree.
Quote by uhh_me?
Tolstoy said you were a coward not to kill yourself.

I wouldn't exactly agree with that, but it is probably very hard to kill your self, to actually take that step and pull the trigger.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Bullcrunky
If you ask a homeless drug addict, he may respectively disagree.

A homeless drug addict might also offer to give you a blow job for a few dollars.

At least, thats how it goes down in St. Louis. Represent!
Quote by SenseS FaiL
how can it be selfish? yeah its your decision and it only physically hurts you, but it's a big slap in the face to your parents who sacrifice a lot to raise you and take care of you and it would emotionally scar them for the rest of their lives

but hey if you dont have anyone to live for i guess you cant really say its selfish

You have to understand the mindset of a good portion of suicides. Yes, it will temporarily pain a family member or friend but so what? They're going to die soon enough, too. Their pain won't last too terribly long, and once they die it won't matter. Suicide is caused by apathy.
Quote by Grunge_Girl21
Let's consider that no one can explain in a factual sense what we're doing here. No one can explain what happens when we die. If we have that capacity to kill ourselves, then it's obviously an option that was granted to us by god or evolution or whatever else. I see no problem with it...

Um.. So is my ability to punch you in the face. Would you have no problem with that? What if I choked your dog?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 18, 2008,