Poll Options
View poll results: Technicality vs sound
technicality
10 9%
sound of music
98 91%
Voters: 108.
Page 1 of 4
What does UG prefer? This question is not only confined to guitar but can also stretch to vocals and other instruments. I ask this because in
the "screaming" thread , most people said they liked it more because it was more difficult than singing( which I dont agree with) but they didn't really say it sounded better.
Music.

I love The Offspring. And they're the powerchords emperors.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I'll confine this to guitar, because it's kinda what I do. I prefer music to technical difficulty, but I would rather hear them both incorporated together.
Liking technically difficult music just because it's technical is kinda silly.
Bouquet of clumsy words. A simple melody.
This world's an ugly place. But you're so beautiful to me.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Music by far. You can have great music without very much technical difficulty. But you can have technical difficulty without it being great music.
Music of course. Yea sure blink 182 songs are butt easy to play, but you have to admit some of their songs are catchy. But I'm not really huge fan, it's just the first band that came to my mind.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Goddamnit why do people always come up with these retarded questions?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Goddamnit why do people always come up with these retarded questions?

The answer lies within the question.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Music is much better than technical difficulty. For me Jack White comes to mind. The guy writes some great songs which are nice and easy but then again he has a great grasp of theory. Everything just flows. Then you have your blues players. They are technically great but they make their guitar sing sweet love songs followed by tears of a hard luck life and thats just through their playing not even included the down on your luck lyrics. Buddy Guy = Greatness.

Lank
My Gear:
Guitars: Vintage LP, Martin DX-1, Epi Viola Bass,
Amps: Marshall JMD501
Effects: Empty Set right now
Quote by darkstar2466

True true.

I notice that I've been using the word "retarded" more and more every day on here... That says something about the people here.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I like whatever sounds good to me, whether it be technical or not makes no difference to me.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Xiaoxi
True true.

I notice that I've been using the word "retarded" more and more every day on here... That says something about the people here.

omg u sed retarted u r retarted!
Quote by InvaderTSN

wut da eff?~!?~~ no u

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by InvaderTSN

o rly

And TS, your question is silly.
I would say that Between the Buried and Me is the perfect equilibrium of both.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by schecter_guy
i don't listen to technical music unless it's musical.

All music is music. No matter how atonal, or arrythmic it is. If you recorded your self sneezing and looped it for an hour it can be music to some one, just like if you took a shit it might be beautiful to someone. There are just things that are agreeable to your ears and things that are not.
Quote by Xiaoxi
wut da eff?~!?~~ no u

I usually just stick to regular swear words but I found myself saying the words "gayfag" and "scenefag" a lot now. What has happened to me?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

I love your beautiful wisdom...

Oh, and to this thread, music is just wasted noise
------------------------------------------------------- ~ UG's Nirvana Fangirl ~ -------------------------------------------------------

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Last edited by Grunge_Girl21 at Sep 18, 2008,
Quote by darkstar2466
I usually just stick to regular swear words but I found myself saying the words "gayfag" and "scenefag" a lot now. What has happened to me?

Either 4chan influence IRL or your vocabulary skills are degenerating.

Quote by Xiaoxi
wut da eff?~!?~~ no u

lawl lyke ur gay go die
Quote by darkstar2466

lol gayfag lol

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by darkstar2466

Our retarded-ness has rubbed off on you.
Quote by lank81
Music is much better than technical difficulty. For me Jack White comes to mind. The guy writes some great songs which are nice and easy but then again he has a great grasp of theory. Everything just flows. Then you have your blues players. They are technically great but they make their guitar sing sweet love songs followed by tears of a hard luck life and thats just through their playing not even included the down on your luck lyrics. Buddy Guy = Greatness.

Lank

This makes no sense. Buddy Guy and Jack White are both great. Neither are anywhere near what I would call "technical". Knowing theory is not the same as having "technical" music. I know theory (kinda), my music is not technical at all.
Quote by darkstar2466

I've been doing this sort of thing too, lately. I really can't tell if I'm being ironic* or not anymore.

* I also can't tell if this is correct use or not...
Quote by Flying Couch
I've been doing this sort of thing too, lately. I really can't tell if I'm being ironic* or not anymore.

* I also can't tell if this is correct use or not...

That's so ironic that you don't know whether or not you are using ironic in the correct form. Oh the irony!
Somebody can be as technical as all getout and not have a good ear for music.

However a lot of technically gifted musicians have a good ear for music, and you can't discriminate just because someone has great technique and wants to use it.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
Quote by jmonko
I would say that Between the Buried and Me is the perfect equilibrium of both.

this.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
This makes no sense. Buddy Guy and Jack White are both great. Neither are anywhere near what I would call "technical". Knowing theory is not the same as having "technical" music..

+1

This thread is so biased. Like, c'mon, the two options in the poll being "music" and "technicality"? You might as well put in "Hard to play music" vs "good music".
Sound of music, **** technicality. If a band can play well it doesn't help them if they make shitty music.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Wow, speaking of irony I have been EYEing your macoRONI

Lol.

Damnit, I laughed.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 4