So forget my earlier post. I'm not planning on getting the Boss RC-2 or Boss RC-20 anymore.

I decided to buy one of those things to record with, i don't know what they're called but yeah xD

for example, the kind of thing i want is like this a PreSonus Inspire 1394 Firewall Audio Interface

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-INSPIRE-1394-FireWire-Audio-Interface?sku=241483

But I don't exactly want this one.

but

Is there one where I can record every single instrument, such as "distortion" electric guitar, bass, drums, mics, and maybe piano?

because the presonus one, i heard, can only do acoustic guitars and mics.

so i need to buy one that can record a lot of instruments because i need to record soon.

thanks (=
Last edited by nick54321 at Sep 19, 2008,
You could get a Line 6 TonePort UX2. It's got instrument cable inputs and mic inputs plus recording software(it's not great but it's ok) for under 200 USD. Or you could get the TonePort UX8 and it's got more inputs and a little bit higher quality but that's about it and it's around 600 USD.
oh i found out what they were called. interfaces. there you go xD

so whats the best one (=
i think you got the wrong idea man....you have to mic up each instrument, unless your just using line outs, but that sounds like pooh. if an interface has microphone inputs, you can record anything with it....anything that you put the microphone in front of at least...
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
wait so i dont really get it. you cant just connect your guitar, bass or whatever straight to the interface?

you have to connect the microphone to the interface, and then place the mic in front of the amp to get the sound?
you COULD connect a line instrument ie guitar, bass, keyboard directly in...but what if you want the tone of your amp? some amps have line outs, and thats all fine and dandy, but if you want really good tone you'll mic your amp instead of running from a line out. and heres the other thing...how are you going to "plug" drums right into the interface? of course youll need mics for that
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
and also, what are you using the interface with? that firewire interface needs a computer with a firewire port and the proper audio mixing/editing/recording software to run it...some interfaces are stand alone...and also, certain microphones needs special power, and your interface or pre-amp will need that power...
Quote by evening_crow
well i use the PCI Firewire adapter card, and dont interfaces usually come with softwares built in? like the line 6 toneport ux2?
for band demos, you'll probaby be wanting an 8 channel interface like a Presonus Firepod or something. just a friendly word of advice, dont expect all this to be cheap.
if you need to get a demo done just go to a studio, it'll cost way more to get even a basic setup of your own.
if your genuinely interested in recording though, start out small. it'll take a long time to perfect your art.