i play wih each knob and try to make my distortion sound good, but it just doesnt, i have a squier fender strat, and a roland cube 15x amp/ Beginnger stuff, cuz im a beginner, but what do you reccomend for most rock songs on distortion?
SETUP:

Guitars:
Fender Squier Cherry Sunburst
Fender Squier Arctic White

Amps:
Roland Cube 15x Amp
that link is just someones general opinion, you dont have to do that....ever. in fact, ive never even heard anyone describe that method before.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
i do it and my amp sounds beautiful, u dont have to im just saying if u like it then use it
by swells it means that from when u cant hear the treble/mid/bass setting at all and untill u can hear it/them
Quote by htsktim91989
that link is just someones general opinion, you dont have to do that....ever. in fact, ive never even heard anyone describe that method before.

It's a common trick people use when EQ'ing - it's a pretty good way to get a decent tone from any amp...it's certainly far better than people chucking out arbitrary EQ settings that apply for different pieces of kit. For a simple practice amp it's pretty much the best method to use to get things sounding as good as they can.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I asked georg lynch since that is the sound i like. Here is his advice. Bass 10, mid 6-7 and trble on 8. He mentioned lots of beginers crank the treble up thinking they hear it on records. I also lowered the gain on my digitech rp100 in mesa boogie mode to 75 and it sounds really good. For reverb i use spring at set it at 60 and 35

Hope that helps.