y is it that wenever i read abou epi les pauls ppl say they need to change the pots wut the shit is up with that? the pots r only for the knobs ts not like changing them is gonna make a huge difference, is it?
I'm no expert, but I'd imagine some pots, especially pots that are cleanly soldered by human hands, would be more responsive than others; that is, better gradual volume change rather than having the volume suddenly drop off.

I know there are also different methods of wiring the pots that give better results (in what area, I couldn't tell you).

Someone with more knowledge about it can tell you more.

Ibanez JS1000
-Bridge: DiMarzio Tone Zone
-Neck: DiMarzio PAF Pro
Fender Blues Jr. NOS
Majik Box Fuzz Universe
Fulltone OCD
Boss DD-6
MXR EVH Flanger
omg lulz lyk i duno mybe dey r mor responsiv nd dnt crackle wen u turnn dem lol.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Dear Sir or Madam,
The "pots" are potentiometers which are responsible for allowing certain amounts of the signal, in the case of your volume pot, and the treble frequencies only, in the case of your tone pot, to be diverted to ground. The quality of the potentiometer dictates how effectively this can be done, which therefore has an effect on your tone. In addition, a more durably built potentiometer is less apt to break, develop a crackle, or become dirty and hard to turn.
In closing, the pots are not "for the knobs," as you so crudely put it. Knobs are not magical devices, they must be connected to something. That "something" is a potentiometer which interacts with the rest of the circuitry of your guitar and amplifier.
Sincerely yours,
Roc8995
Quote by Roc8995
Dear Sir or Madam,
The "pots" are potentiometers which are responsible for allowing certain amounts of the signal, in the case of your volume pot, and the treble frequencies only, in the case of your tone pot, to be diverted to ground. The quality of the potentiometer dictates how effectively this can be done, which therefore has an effect on your tone. In addition, a more durably built potentiometer is less apt to break, develop a crackle, or become dirty and hard to turn.
In closing, the pots are not "for the knobs," as you so crudely put it. Knobs are not magical devices, they must be connected to something. That "something" is a potentiometer which interacts with the rest of the circuitry of your guitar and amplifier.
Sincerely yours,
Roc8995

This is great advice, but too bad he won't be able to read it....
Quote by Roc8995
Dear Sir or Madam,
Sincerely yours,
Roc8995

polite sarcasm...how i love it

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009