Hello there.

Well i Have been playing for the month and a half, and it has gone pretty well. I have transcribed quite a few songs, like today i transcribed Johnny B Goode and Wish you Were there INtro's. I have transcribed much more songs then that but too lazy too write. Ask if you wanna know, ill post later on.

Here is the problem, im a very "ear" person, meaning i like to transcribe, but lately i have been getting the urge to put my emotions and feelings into the guitar, i know what it would sound like, but i just can't do it, no matter. Ive sat with my guitar practicing for about 3 hours just playing things that sounded good. But still can't bond with the guitar. Was curious if i should just keep on playing and playing until i just "click". What would some of you do? Oh and please don't recommend tabs to me thx!

I have begun learning scales, the minor pentatonic in general, and I am very comfortable with it, pretty fast too, but going to try to learn the Major scale as well.

Anyways back to the original point of this thread, please give some wisdom, really appreciated.
keep on keeping on
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Spider 3 75
Epi SG G310
Fender Stratocaster
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Distortion
Eleca Acoustic
Rogue Wah
I would learn the minro pentatonic, or blues scale, and get really good at that. Then it will become easier to compose solo material and express yourself.
Dude, if you've only been playing for a month and your already learning songs by ear then your miles ahead. You'll be a guitar genious in a few years.

Is guitar your first instrument...?
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
maybe try some theory or improvising? at least try learning larger sections of songs so you can see how different parts of a song relate to another.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
If you're just trying to get emotions out and not really put them into a song, just play what feels right. Don't worry about specific patterns, chords, etc. just what feels and sounds right.
It'll just click after a little while. You'll learn more songs, and notice how certain things sound together. After that, it makes it easy to improvise on your own, and you just get use to how everything works. Just keep rockin, and be sure to learn new songs and stuff whenever you have the time.

You wanted tabs, what music do you listen to?
Quote by GuitarNinja12
Dude, if you've only been playing for a month and your already learning songs by ear then your miles ahead. You'll be a guitar genious in a few years.

Is guitar your first instrument...?

yup the first instrument i truly want to play, unless you count the time my music teacher made me play the recorder and told me i had no musical talent
It's not going to happen in a month and a half - if it gets to around 6 months and the guitar still feels like a stupid plank of wood in your hands then you can start worrying. Just be patient, it takes a long time to learn, the worst thing you can do is trying to learn too much stuff at the same time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com