I'm trying to decide between these two guitars, I wanted to see what some opinions were. Playing Metal E and D standard through a Randall RG100SC and a Metal Muff. Thanks!

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Assassin-PX3T-Electric-Guitar?sku=512671

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH1000-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512954
My Setup:
Dean VMNT(Metallic Silver)
LTD DV8-R (Snow White)
Randall RG100sc
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by thesockmonster

Sarcasm: Killing any chance you ever had at scoring this guitar, since 1895.

THE TREND IS OVER!!!!
ESP is the only company you'll ever need.
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
Esp
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Rockfields or EMGs? Esp's are probly a bit better built, but I've never really had a BC Rich, so I wouldnt know
Quote by Shred-Hed
Rockfields or EMGs? Esp's are probly a bit better built, but I've never really had a BC Rich, so I wouldnt know

I was thinking that the B.C. Rich has all the usually expensive things on it ebony board neck through etc and it's still cheaper than the esp, usally you get what you pay for. Maybe it evens out because of the abalone binding and quilt top on the MH
My Setup:
Dean VMNT(Metallic Silver)
LTD DV8-R (Snow White)
Randall RG100sc
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by thesockmonster

Sarcasm: Killing any chance you ever had at scoring this guitar, since 1895.

THE TREND IS OVER!!!!
Newer BC Rich's are pretty awesome, but I'd go for the LTD in this case. Yes, LTD. It's not Japanese.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
ITS A FRIGGIN LTD YOU NUMBNUTS!
And yes, i'd also go for the LTD.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
ITS A FRIGGIN LTD YOU NUMBNUTS!
And yes, i'd also go for the LTD.

aha? And LTD is under what company?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

maybe try the Fender Jackson SL-3
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by LP_CL
maybe you should read this topic befor making any more clever remarks
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=959026
Start reading now!

+1
ESP and LTD aren't the same exact thing. I don't see people talking about Gibsons and meaning Epiphones. There both 3 letter words, just post what it actually is, it really isn't that complicated.

EDIT- ESP by a mile. BC Rich's are nice, I had one, but IMO the LTD's are much better build quality, and play better.
Quote by LP_CL
maybe you should read this topic befor making any more clever remarks
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=959026
Start reading now!

I have to disagree.

LTD is much closer to ESP than Epiphone to Gibson, Squier to Fender, OLP to Musiman or whatever you can think of. Think Schecter and C-1 or Ibanez and Prestige. ESP/LTD is right there in between.

I think ESP wanted LTD only as a guitar line in their mid-low range rather than to make it into a separate branch. The fact is that LTD doesn't have any website and all them are listed under ESP site makes some sense, doesn't it?

And as far as I can tell, there is a big-ass ESP logo on the back of my LTD MH-1000 and on the truss rod cover of my LTD EC-1000 (check my gears...). Why on Earth would they do that? Would Fender put their logo on Squier? Would Gibson put their logo on Epiphone? Didn't think so...

And for this thread. I would go for the ESP.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Sep 19, 2008,
Quote by hminh87
I have to disagree.

LTD is much closer to ESP than Epiphone to Gibson, Squier to Fender, OLP to Musiman or whatever you can think of. Think Schecter and C-1 or Ibanez and Prestige. ESP/LTD is right there in between.

I think ESP wanted LTD only as a guitar line in their mid-low range rather than to make it into a separate branch. The fact is that LTD doesn't have any website and all them are listed under ESP site makes some sense, doesn't it?

And as far as I can tell, there is a big-ass ESP logo in the back of my LTD MH-1000 and on the truss rod cover of my LTD EC-1000 (check my gears...). Why on Earth would they do that? Would Fender put their logo on Squier? Would Gibson put their logo on Epiphone? Didn't think so...

And for this thread. I would go for the ESP.

you obviously haven't read the thread as your post has been addressed in that thread.

fender do put their logo on squiers (it's just below the 'Squier'). Gibson is on the truss rod cover of epiphones.

Basically, it's made in a different place, and has a different name on the headstock. they aren't the same. you might as well say fender and jackson guitars are the same.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
+1 to the post above.

They're not the same thing, it's really that simple. Yes, the back of your headstock is stamped with an ESP logo, because ESP makes the guitar. As far as I know, they're not made in the same place though, and aren't hand crafted. Two different instuments. LTD's just a company that branches off of ESP, like all the other companies you've named. Ever see a squier that said 'Made By Fender' under the logo on the headstock? I have. I also have an Epiphone with a Gibson truss rod cover.
Glass half-full or half-empty argument again...
Everyone is right in their own perspective and if we were to discuss this it will be a frigging test of endurance. So I say this, can we just stop before we make it into anything bigger and focus on answering the dude's question instead. I call it what I want and you call it what you want. 'We cool?

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

if you refer to squiers as fender squiers and epiphones as Gibson epiphones then at least you're consistent.

but if this is the only company you do it to because you own one, you're deluding yourself.

Quote by element4433
You the one that argued against it.
Just because one company has a 'branch off' brand, dosn't mean it's the same thing. No matter what company it is.
Look hminh87, If you can give me ONE good reason why you should call a guitar that says LTD on the headstock (CLEARLY), ESP, than ill stop my LTD = LTD cruisade. But you must come up with a reason that is logic, makes sence, and is not: 'LTD is owned and built by ESP'.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Lemoninfluence
maybe try the Fender Jackson SL-3

Shouldnt we say Fender SL3? They call it ESP MH1000.

Yeah, i concur, try the Fender SL3. Kickass guitar!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I don't mean to hijack or anything, but do you think the MH-1000 (with EMG's) would sound alright through my Spider II?
Gear List:
ESP LTD EC-1000, Amber Sunburst with Duncans
Ibanez AJ30ECE Acoustic-Electric
Line 6 Spider II 210 120 watt
Line 6 UX2
ESP LTD.

/thread, /thread, and /thread.
Quote by LP_CL
Shouldnt we say Fender SL3? They call it ESP MH1000.

Yeah, i concur, try the Fender SL3. Kickass guitar!
lulz
I agree about the Jackson but it's more expensive.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Sep 19, 2008,
Quote by oneblackened
ESP LTD.

/thread, /thread, and /thread.

that's fine if you're willing to call squiers, 'fender squiers' and epiphones, 'Gibson Epiphones'.

what's the difference between ESP and those companies?

Quote by element4433
Here we go again. Guys that know what your talking about lets form a crusade.

LTD = LTD
ESP = ESP

Simple as.
Uh... um...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
TBH that B.C.Rich in question would be the only B.C.Rich i would buy, its actually extremely good value for money and appears to made of a high standard.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
TBH that B.C.Rich in question would be the only B.C.Rich i would buy, its actually extremely good value for money and appears to made of a high standard.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
why do ppl care if other ppl call an ESP LTD an ESP?

ESP own LTD and we all know LTD is dumb down of ESP...
Bedroom Set up:

ESP LTD EC-400 with 81/60 EMG
Yamaha SJ550HR, 1980's Strat (rare guitar)
Crate v18
Digitech Bad Monkey
Vintage 30 Speaker
Metal Muff

Saving up for ESP Uruha's Signature Guitar
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
Here we go again. Guys that know what your talking about lets form a crusade.

LTD = LTD
ESP = ESP

Simple as.

Done, see my sig.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
BACK ON TRACK OF TS!!!
The Ltd is wicked, enjoyed playing it, had many issues with b c rich..but cant really slate that guitar, even match to be fair, but again personal preference and ltd
added to sig...good idea ^^^