Ok so i just got Amplitube 2..and im new to this computer thing...So what will i need to buy to plug into the computer? I saw some stealth plug or something should i get that? I want to have an amazing tone from it. Also what can i buy to amplify the sound? Just speakers or something? thanks ik im a noob
Quote by Smokey Amp
You're a God among men.

Seriously...

Quote by ticklemeemo
Dude, you are like the coolest dude like.. EVER!
Stealth plug is sweet , or you can just get a 1/4 to Mini adapter like this

You can find 'em at any radio shack or wal-mart.

You can also line it out to bigger speakers for a louder sound. It has decent tone actually not as digital as I thought it be. I get semi-decent classic rock sounds out of it.
Last edited by Nirvana_RATM2 at Sep 19, 2008,
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
Stealth plug is sweet , or you can just get a 1/4 to Mini adapter like this

You can find 'em at any radio shack or wal-mart.

You can also line it out to bigger speakers for a louder sound. It has decent tone actually not as digital as I thought it be. I get semi-decent classic rock sounds out of it.

if you don't have a good sound card that was designed for recording then using the adapter will not work well. I did that and I got a huge amount of lag, and sound clipping, it was unplayable.

What you need is a pre amp or an external usb/firewire I/O device. Something like a line 6 toneport or an m-audio usb
I use the adapter just fine (I'm on a Mac though) - another option is any cheap multi-effects pedal plugged into your computer. Set the pedal to a real CLEAN sound and let the software do it's thing. The pedal will act as a simple Digital -> analog converter.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!