I know this has probably been asked a billion times and i once saw a sticky but no more. question is can i get an srv tone from a fender american standard strat? if possible what gear/mods would i have to buy to achieve that tone.

Im really digging this tone right here from KWS. what do i need for that tone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwv9PTxBjE8

Also ive noticed that KWS and John Mayer both have these sick painting on there guitars how does one get those? are those from fender custom shop?
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
Paint it yourself. Makes it more unique.

And for the KWS tone, a good way, a nice tube amp and probably something like Fender Texas Special pickups, or something like that.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Well, the paintjob looks like the Hendrix Signature Monterery Pop Festival Strat, as to my recolection, not too many were made, and the ones that were sold off cost about a testical each.

But as said, throw some dirty pups in there and run through a Fender, and you've got a nice dirty SRV sound jettin' through there.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
ok thanks guys. right now i have a squire and it sux ass but the neck feels good. im gonna look for a decent strat with the same feel and switch out the PUP's. some one mentioned texas special pickups. i think i remember reading that srv did have them on his guitar. well ill go get my self a strat soon.
Quote by Esp_kill07
ok thanks guys. right now i have a squire and it sux ass but the neck feels good. im gonna look for a decent strat with the same feel and switch out the PUP's. some one mentioned texas special pickups. i think i remember reading that srv did have them on his guitar. well ill go get my self a strat soon.

I think these would be better for SRV-
http://www.rockmonkeyguitars.com/1959_smooth_groove.htm
sounds pretty good. i noticed it said scooped mids. how exactly does that sound. i remember i was on musicians friend and srvs/JM's custom guitar had exactly that specified. is that what helps define that specific tone im looking for.