Is the licensed floyd in the ESP f-250 a direct swap for an OFR?

And how much trouble is replacing it? is it easy to do by yourself?
I think that LFRs use different sized mounting studs than OFRs. I do know the ibanez edge 3 bridges swap out with OFRs though. Honestly it's a decently priced guitar and the LFR on it might be good quality. I'd say try the guitar and see how the LFR on it feels before you go order an OFR for it.
I own an F-250. The LFR is not good. Try a swap. I actually want to swap mine out and getting locking tuners because the sumnabitch goes out of tune with any movement of the ****ing bridge.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
Quote by IXI Streak IXI
I own an F-250. The LFR is not good. Try a swap. I actually want to swap mine out and getting locking tuners because the sumnabitch goes out of tune with any movement of the ****ing bridge.

If the nut was locked and the bridge locks were tight enough you wouldn't really need locking tuners...
Quote by IXI Streak IXI

is it a direct swap? or are they gona have to do extra drilling and cutting?
Quote by HighPotency
You might have to fill the original mounting post holes and drill new ones but im not sure.

Anyone who is sure? : )
Quote by HighPotency
If the nut was locked and the bridge locks were tight enough you wouldn't really need locking tuners...

I lokced the shit out of both of them. It still goes out of tune.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
Quote by IXI Streak IXI

So is it a direct swap?

The issue is the knifes edge not the locking nuts usally
Quote by IXI Streak IXI

TBH that could have been the problem =/
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
For the love of god its a LTD not an ESP.

Big deal, it's all the same company. It's not like we couldn't have figured it out ourselves.

Anyways TS, you might be able to find standard measurements for the LFR placements online on LTD guitars. I'd say try to find that and if you can, compare it to the OFR's specs.